Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 05:42 AM

Default QJs between raisers

Got trapped in pot with a couple agros, but was I the donkey here? I'm the bb. I don't recall UTG's stats but SB was something like 50%vpip, 20%pfr (I think).

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $51.50
UTG+1: $35.50
CO: $145.50
Button: $43
SB: $31.50
DrMega: $128

Pre-flop: (6 players) DrMega is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#0066cc">UTG raises</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#0066cc">SB 3-bets</font>, DrMega calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#0066cc">SB bets</font>, <font color="#0066cc">DrMega raises</font>, <font color="#0066cc">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#0066cc">SB caps</font>, DrMega calls, UTG calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#0066cc">SB bets</font>, DrMega calls, <font color="#0066cc">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#0066cc">SB calls all-in $4.5</font>, DrMega calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (15.5BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 15BB, Sidepot 1: 0.5BB)
<font color="#0066cc">DrMega bets</font>, <font color="#0066cc">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#0066cc">DrMega 3-bets</font>, <font color="#0066cc">UTG raises all-in $18.5</font>, DrMega calls.

Results:
Final pot: 21.67BB
Old 12-15-2006, 05:50 AM

Default Re: QJs between raisers

Fold preflop, call flop, checkraise river.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:38 AM

I don't really mind the preflop call. Certainly not standard &amp; possibly not good at all, but QJs is not a bad hand to see the flop with in this situation.

Postflop looks great, especially considering how short-stacked both opponents were (and your read on them both as LAG). I'd usually check/raise the river, but you got the desired result anyway.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:51 AM

given the shortstackedness of villains i fold pf. without full stacks our implied odds are cut. as played, i like the rest of it. a river c/r is possible, but given the scary board and the aggression of our opponent betting trying to b/3b is goot.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
given the shortstackedness of villains i fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of what I was wondering, and why I included stack sizes in the HH. I didn't think about it until later, on reviewing the hand. It's a mistake I make in limit, I think, not to consider stack sizes because of the lack of the "all in" factor.

As for the river, yeah a c/r probably would have been a better line in retrospect. I just went "holy *&amp;^% I missed my flush but made a runner runner straight" and bet it.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:53 PM

fold it preflop.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:42 PM

I like folding pre-flop also. And the points for a river check-raise look valid, although that guy got all the money in anyway.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:10 AM

Fold preflop.
and c/f river the pott is big, but you have nothing you have no chance to bring the sb to fold so you would you have
a pott from 0 against the utg. On the river you give 1 BB to win 0 and after you get raised, how likly do you think that UTG how has shown his strong hand on every street would fold??
Old 12-17-2006, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.
and c/f river the pott is big, but you have nothing you have no chance to bring the sb to fold so you would you have
a pott from 0 against the utg. On the river you give 1 BB to win 0 and after you get raised, how likly do you think that UTG how has shown his strong hand on every street would fold??

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope that you don't realize that hero has a straight...