Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 02:40 AM

Default Transition from limit to limit

Been playing for about 2 years - seriously for about a year. 3 months ago i started focusing on online cash games. I started at the NL10 game and am now moving into the NL200 game. I'm playing shorthanded only now.

All the transitions from limit to limit have gone reasonably well. NL200 seems fairly beatable.

Just wondering if there's a limit that gives a lot of people trouble - that the average player can't beat.

Do the difficulty in limits depend on the site for the most part? I play on pokerroom.com

Thanks
Old 12-15-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Transition from limit to limit

[ QUOTE ]

Just wondering if there's a limit that gives a lot of people trouble - that the average player can't beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

The average player can't beat any game due to the rake.

I play SSSH limit and I've heard the jump from 5/10 to 10/20 is one of the big leaps.

I've done well at all limits (~2bb/100), although I've ran terribly on 3/6 (-11bb/100 [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]).

I think the level at which you have to stop playing your cards and start playing your opponent and his cards gives most 'good' players the most problems.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Transition from limit to limit

obv. 5/10 to 10/20 is going to be the hardest (as far as lower stakes are concerned) because it's twice as big. 2/4 to 3/6 is 33% 3/6 to 5/10 is 60% and while that may not sounds like it's much different, it really is a huge transition.