Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 01:07 AM

Default QJo hits top pair in a limped pot

Villain is 44/19/1.3

Line pls?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 12-15-2006, 01:38 AM

Default Re: QJo hits top pair in a limped pot

I either 3 bet the flop or raise the turn... I think but I am drunk right now. yeah at least one raise though. and see a showdown for raptor christ's sake.

oh yeah you got to show down but still raise one time... i think.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:20 AM

I think this is perfectly fine.. that turn 5 isn't the greatest card. What if the guy decides to find a brain and fold A7 or something. If you are winning you win and if not you get away cheaper.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:05 AM

Nt much to say, I would play the same. It's difficult to make any fancy playes OOP. I'm not confident enough with my kicker to 3-bet the flop and as I should fold to a raise on the turn I prefer to just call down.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:53 AM

I'd expect this guy to raise pf with anything that beats you. Just calling down is not bad though. You might want to donk a safe river in case he plans on chkg through, but King is not that safe, so c/c look OK to me there too, plus maybe he hit a low set although I think he might wait till turn to pop that, but anyway c/c big streets looks OK to me.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:14 AM

PREFLOP: Standard.

FLOP: I think you should strongly consider checking this flop in this 3 way small pot. You flopped a very strong hand on a very dry board. In these kind of small pot situations the best way to induce action from lesser hands is usually to check, cuz in these spots most players are betting with more hands then they are calling with. If I check and the action goes bet-call, I would always checkraise. If the actions ends up with the BB betting and the CO folding or its checked to the CO, I would either check/raise or call depending on what I wanted to accomplish.

I would only bet this flop is if I were against the calling station types who by definition call with more hands then they bet with.

Once you bet the flop, and the CO raises, I would not 3bet this particular flop. You still have a very strong hand, I would rather call the flop and check/raise the turn. I think 3betting is a fine play too though. If there was a flush draw on the board I would usually 3bet/lead unless I felt strongly that the villain would not take a free card on the turn.

TURN: I dont like the check/call. Its time to Check/raise.

RIVER: Its close between bet/fold and check/call. With no real reads besides a stat read, your play is fine at this stage of the hand.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TURN: I dont like the check/call. Its time to Check/raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I c/r the turn, do I auto-much to a 3bet?
Old 12-15-2006, 11:02 AM

Why would you not raise this pre flop? With one limper before you and the BB after you. Wouldnt you want to get rid of the BB by raising? If BB calls your raise then thats just information on his hand that you needed to know instead of giving him a basically free look at the flop. Also wouldnt this help in figuring out what the CO has, or at least putting him on some sort of range?
Old 12-15-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you not raise this pre flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I'll be playing a raised pot from the worst position vs. two players, mostly with Q-high.

[ QUOTE ]
Also wouldnt this help in figuring out what the CO has

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhm, no. He limped, and will call a raise 100% so I don't gain any additional info.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:58 PM

i think you should put another bet in here somewhere. i usually just 3 bet the flop here, but call and c/r turn is probably also good (i think you have to fold to a 3 bet). but i certainly think that it's too early to go into calldown mode once he raises the flop.

i mean, the guy is 44/19 and open limped in the CO. he doesn't have a better queen or a set here. he MIGHT have 67 or AA or something, but i think smaller queens and hands like 78 are more likely.