Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 04:25 PM

Default T9s blind steal, BB plays back

New to the table (obviously), still pretty new to AP in general, so no reads. I can't even say something about the "usual" table there, since I've met talbes full of LPP's and tables full aggros.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Hero ?

Easy fold? His c/c on the flop made me a bit suspicious of a monster here. Should I even bet the turn?
Old 12-14-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: T9s blind steal, BB plays back

On this uncoordinated board he's either bluffing or he has a big hand like a set of Js.

From a trickier player this might be a flush draw or big overcards but you lose to the overs and you can't yet assume he's crazy enough to be 3 betting you PF with anything other than A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in this spot if its a flush draw which gives him tons of outs so fold.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On this uncoordinated board he's either bluffing or he has a big hand like a set of Js.

From a trickier player this might be a flush draw or big overcards but you lose to the overs and you can't yet assume he's crazy enough to be 3 betting you PF with anything other than A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in this spot if its a flush draw which gives him tons of outs so fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bionic, you see monsters with the turn of every card. I've read a lot of your posts and you put the villains on huge hands nearly every time. This isn't a flame, but you need to expand the range of hands you put villains on, like perhaps quite a few that you beat.

On this particular hand, it certainly doesn't look good. Villain could also have had KJ-AJ, peeled flop and hit also.

If the villain did indeed have AKs, then we would be a favorite to win the hand from the turn, so folding would be a big mistake if that's the case.

We are probably not good here and can fold without a read that tells us different.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bionic, you see monsters with the turn of every card. I've read a lot of your posts and you put the villains on huge hands nearly every time. This isn't a flame, but you need to expand the range of hands you put villains on, like perhaps quite a few that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I have a leak? Don't want to threadjack but its a good point.

Regarding the OP, I think the only way villain has a flush here is if he had AK, otherwise why would the guy 3bet?
Old 12-14-2006, 05:46 PM

Well my comments were just in general based on what I've read of your posts. Villains will raise for many reasons depending on what kind of villain they are.

The villain might put Amp on unimproved overs and knowing that a turn raise is pretty convincing might be raising just thinkng Amp might fold. I wouldn't get a habit of thinking that though it's a possibility.

If I were you, I'd start posting hands where you thought you made a good fold. You may start to see some advice to the contrary and might see that you're folding too much.

I myself, went through a folding too much phase.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:59 PM

I don't like preflop. I also fold the turn.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like preflop. I also fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you like raising the co poster to see if you can get if HU with him?
Old 12-14-2006, 06:07 PM

Grunch

I think the turn bet is okay, you're ahead a lot of the time here and you don't want to give a free card.

Fold the turn. Sometimes, the turn checkraise is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or a similar hand, but more often it is a made hand that you have at best 5 outs to beat.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:08 PM

Against AJ-KJ we have 5 outs, and the pot is currently ~8-1. If that's the read on the villian, then calling is justified if the villian is also capable of semibluffing in this spot.

Otherwise, you should probably fold.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you like raising the co poster to see if you can get if HU with him?

[/ QUOTE ]

because we're going to be a dog here a lot of the time versus CO, not counting fold equity.

I just have never seriously entertained the idea of T9s being an iso hand. that sounds ludicrous.