Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 01:05 PM

Default Amount of hands..

Ive been out a while sence the ban on party, and to be honest even durring the good ole days I was lazy. I need to start putting in some serious time at the tables.

I was wondering how many hands would be a good goal to shoot for? Of course the more the better, and I'm sure this is different for everyone but I need something to shoot far. Something that will challange me but is realistic at the same time. Also I'm not trying to do any extremes like pulling 10 hour sessions. Just something to get me a lil more motivated

1. I play Full Ring NL , 2-4 tables at a time.
2. I am free all hours of the day at the moment so my times better spent making money than playing xbox all day.
3. What amount of time should I use for my goals? 20k in a month / 5k a week / 750 a day (all amounts are just examples)
Old 12-14-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Amount of hands..

I would go for two 3 hour sessions a day, try to get in 4 tables at a time, and if you play well there shouldn't be any problems. That's the schedule I'm doing on and off, 6 hours one day, 4 hours the next, Brake it up so you stay fresh. Then stretch out the sessions or break it up into smaller groups 4sessions at 2 hours a piece.

Gl.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:23 PM

If you play 4 tables more than you play 2 try for 2 sessions a day of 700 hands each. Do that for 5 days a week, and maybe throw in one 700 hand session on the sixth day, depending on how much you need time off. That'll get you over 30k a month, which is a pretty good number to be at, and not too onerous to hit.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you play 4 tables more than you play 2 try for 2 sessions a day of 700 hands each. Do that for 5 days a week, and maybe throw in one 700 hand session on the sixth day, depending on how much you need time off. That'll get you over 30k a month, which is a pretty good number to be at, and not too onerous to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sound great! I think 2 sessions of 500-750 hands is doable for me. I also like the Idea of 5 days a week, with an extra day depending on how things are going.

I will do this for the rest of the year and see how far I get and how I do. Depending on that I will set a goal of 30k hands in january.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:43 PM

Thanks I will keep this in mind, those 6 hour sessions are hell.