Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 06:26 AM

Default He said, she said Part two (Full tilt 3-6)

Ok, its a couple of laps later.

Loose passive, 44/0/0, open limps( like anyone with those stats would do anything else.) C0 19/4/1.5 limps, 2+2er on the button limps, and I check in the bb with 76o.

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, call, call, button raises, I threebet, call, call, button caps, all call.

Turn, J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. check, check, check, check. ( I barf )

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I think that my hand is certainly best, but I don't think I am getting called, so I check to induce a bet, check, check, check.

Bet the turn? Bet the river?
Care to guess the other players hands?
Old 12-14-2006, 07:21 AM

Default Re: He said, she said Part two (Full tilt 3-6)

check raise flop? It's likely button will bet.

Turn looks like straight or flush draw for button, or both.

Bet the river. The turn was checked through, so they might think you're bluffing. Perhaps you also missed your draw. Calls from curious people, calls from people who think you're bluffing.

I think button has a relatively weak hand, otherwise he'd raise it preflop. So that'd be a small pocket pair maybe, or some small suited connector, or weak suited ace (Ac5c?) But he checks through on the turn, after capping, so it's almost certainly some kind of draw he was value betting on the flop (and possibly fo a freecard on the turn) Flushdraw makes most sense, but perhaps he also had a 4 for the straight. Ac2c? 44? I think if he had a straight and a flush draw he'd bet the turn. So it's not 8c7c.

What the other had, who can tell. Probably overs.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:45 AM

I think you played hand perfectly

i would always bet on the flop you have a weak top pair and there is no guarantee anybody will bet here. You cannot afford to give a free card.

I would also check turn and river.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:45 AM

I like the river check. There aren't many hands that we beat that would call the river and no one's folding a better hand.

Loose passive could really have anything here. Overpair, any 4X, 7X, 6X, 5X or anykind of FD.

CO/Button Ac4c / Ac7c / Ac6c / 44 / Any one/two-gappers up to QcTc.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:06 AM

You really are stuck in no-man's land here. With TPWK, everyone staying in on a capped flop, and an overcard then hitting on the turn, it's tough as hell to bet here...hell, it's tough to think that your hand was even best on the flop, as it's very possible that one or more of your opponents flopped overpairs/sets with their limping hands.

If it's me, I think I play it the same way, checking with the intention of calling 1 & folding for 2 bets on the river. The 3bet on such an unscary, drawy flop rocks by the way, although I have it on good authority that Button has an affinity towards 74s. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2006, 10:54 AM

To me your play looks great through the turn.

After button checks through the turn and river it looks like he had a flush draw. Of course, he's only checked once when its your action on the river, but it was unusual after the flop cap (note the barfing). Button is unlikely to call your river bet (unless you are beat), and HU I like inducing the bet. But there is at least one callingstation in the hand, the sort that would call with Q high, so for that reason I think I would prefer a bet on the end. Though getting raised would suck. Hmmm, tough call.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:57 AM

Very close between between c/c river and value betting. Your position sucks and you don't want to have to fold to a raise with no clue where you're at, so I like c/c. If I'm on the CO with this hand and it's checked to on the river, I'm betting.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's me, I think I play it the same way, checking with the intention of calling 1 & folding for 2 bets on the river. The 3bet on such an unscary, drawy flop rocks by the way, although I have it on good authority that Button has an affinity towards 74s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect that the button would smoothcall the reraise with 74s, hoping to pop it again on the turn.

I thought that the buttons cap rocked. So many players, will make one raise, on the button with a draw, but don't realize that the second/freecard value raise is just as good as the first.

When the turn got checked through, I really thought to my self, 'Now were playin the fricken game.'
Old 12-14-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 3bet on such an unscary, drawy flop rocks by the way

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I figured that the threebet might purchase some more outs if I could get one of the intermediate players to fold. Guess that worked just like I thought it would.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:18 PM

44/0/0

this is why I bet the river. You are ahead of the button always. This guy might call you with A high, K high, 22, who knows.