Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 05:09 AM

Default Interesting KJs hand

Well... I think it's interesting.

Evaluate the play on all streets and figure out what to do on the river.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...
Old 12-14-2006, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Interesting KJs hand

Preflop I suppose you could argue for a limp given that you're out position, but I like a raise for value against this many opponents.

On the flop I'm going to bet here pretty much every time after raising preflop and hitting a premium draw. You might get some duplicate cards to fold as well, protecting your king and jack outs.

The turn I'd be willing to just check/call, I'm just drawing here and don't know if it's worth a bet.

The river I'd be inclined to bet/call, I don't want to risk villain checking behind and I think three betting is spew absent a read.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:41 AM

I'd played it same on pre-flop, bet for value with suited big cards.
I'd bet as many bets as possible on the flop for value when having ~11 outs, as you did. I think I just check/call on the turn. I don't think you can buy many outs for your overcards by betting. Also I think it's unlikely that everyone folds. Also you need more callers if you would bet for value on the turn. In this case when you betted and button raised, I'd put button on 3 sixes (on hand like A6s). On the river I'd bet/call.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:56 AM

c/r-call. If he has trips he'll bet/call but not raise and if he has complete bs you usually only win a bet by checking.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:17 AM

I'd check/call the turn and check/raise the river.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:25 AM

Preflop, I'd be happy limping since I'm OOP, but the raise is fine.

On the flop, I lead out as well since you were the PFRer and connected somewhat, so you can disguise your hand and may get 2 callers, especially if you have chronic peelers in the hand.

As played on the turn, I probably just check/call. It doesn't quite give your hand away since you could take the same line with any UI overs. Also, with 3 people calling your flop bet (which was good), I don't think you're taking the pot down on the turn. If you have an equity edge, it's super thin at best, but I think more often than not, you're betting without an edge into someone with a better hand that won't fold.

On the river, I'd probably bet/call. Without knowing if the villain is aggressive or not, I can see a typical player checking behind on a board where the most obvious draw came in. If you think this guy can bet again, I'd go for a check/raise/call.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:56 AM

I don't see any point in betting the turn. They're not all folding, and you're not going to get enough callers to make it a value bet.

Check-raise the river.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:35 AM

my usual line is to c/c the turn. I don't c/bet the turn into 3 opponents.

Button seems like he slowplayed his trip 6's and decided to raise the turn. I have a hard time believing he's raising K3 or whatever, but I guess 33, 77, and possibly 67 are possible.

On the river, I don't see villain having 63, or 96 often. The hands I fear are 77, 67, and 33. I'm thinking donkbet/call raise. A c/r might be 3-bet by 77, 67, or 33 and I don't think our flush is worth that much.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:03 AM

preflop good
flop good
turn good
river...check raise
Old 12-14-2006, 11:06 AM

I don't like that turn bet daddy-o