Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 03:17 AM

Default Caesars Indiana

My friend and I are thinking about taking a trip down to Caesars Indiana over spring break. I'm wondering if anyone has been there and what the overall impressions of the poker room are. How are the daily tournaments run/structured and are they worth playing? If they have a decent structure I would play them (do the higher buy-in $200+$20 and $300+30 ones have a good structure?). If the structure is like a turbo, I'd just stick to the cash games. Any info from experience would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:20 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Caesars Indiana

I rarely play tournaments so I don't know the structures. I understand the midnight tourneys on Tuesday and Thursday are structured well but I haven't played The newest one is Tuesday at noon and it is a turbo that often gets chopped.

The room is large and very nice.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:08 PM

The two I've played felt like turbos. They have quite a few regulars, and the tourneys I've played had 70 or 80 players (a Saturday and a Sunday). Not sure about during the week.

One of my friends heads there regularly for tournaments and does very well. He does well in Vegas, too.

The 1/2 NL is very profitable. Lots of short stackers heading over from the slots, etc. I've heard the 2/5 NL is very aggressive with tons of money going in, but that's too high for my BR.

Nice card room that is fairly well-run, but I don't have anything to compare it to, yet, except a room in Puerto Rico. The waits can be kind of long, depending on what you play.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:55 PM

i'm going to be there the night of the 21st (and possibly the 22nd) of this month and I plan on playing the 1/2nl game. I can post a little update if you would like OP.

benny
Old 12-14-2006, 08:08 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I'd love to hear what you think about it benny.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:20 PM

cool. I'm going to be on the road until january, but I will try to remember to post by then. hopefully I can get internet access somewhere along the way on my trip...

benny
Old 12-15-2006, 12:52 AM

When I played the 1-2NL it was very juicy. Very nice poker room as well.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:51 AM

If you're going to Caesars for Spring Break, I'm assuming that means you'll be there for a few days. Check out some of Louisville... Lyn's Paradise Cafe and Molly Malones are two good spots.

EdD
Old 12-15-2006, 12:59 PM

they have a nice poker room with 1/2 always running and bigger games, sometimes the 1/2/5 plo game gets going, the tournys for sure run like turbo's but if you can chip up early, easy to cruise through

if your going to be in lousiville don't forget to check out PT's
Old 12-15-2006, 08:22 PM

DO NOT go anywhere near Louisville, stay on the Indiana side. Louisville is no place for any sort fo decent person to visit.

The structures of most of the tourneys that I have played there have been ok, but I would not describe them as good, nor would I describe most of the players that way either.