Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 02:40 AM

Default adderall aquisition

I've studied a little bit about adderall and have decided i want to aquire some legally...I understand possible drawbacks, potential addictiveness, and that many of you may advise against it. But i've made up my mind.

What's my next step? Can i just go see a doctor and tell him i'm having trouble concentrating? Do i need to see a psychiatrist? Am i likely to be turned away? Does anybody know how much the pills cost?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 12-14-2006, 04:50 AM

Default Re: adderall aquisition

Go see a psychiatrist be straight with them and tell them what you just posted, they'll give you a questionairre, etc...Also, if you have tried it before and they ask you this I would definitely answer honestly. I currently have a prescription, PM me if you have questions.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:02 PM

TRUST ME.. don't do it. The long term effects of taking speed everyday are bad.. and yes.. adderall is speed!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:01 AM

Default Re: adderall aquisition *DELETED*

Post deleted by chesspain
Old 12-15-2006, 11:23 AM

All things considered I am a pretty niave person when it comes to prescription medication (as well as many drugs in general). I've only smoked pot once, never cigarettes, never any heavier drugs, but the one perscription pill that I have taken in my life were adderals. I've taken them on four different occasions, each completely spaced apart from the other. They effects were literally life altering in my opinion. Not so much in an addiction form (but maybe?), but more so in a realistic outlook. I have played the best poker of my entire life when I played poker on adderal. Perhaps I actually have ADD (I think i do, just too lazy/poor to go see a doctor), perhaps I am over simplifying the issue. All I know is that they literally felt like smart pills to me and I can't imagine anyone thinking them to be a bad decision.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and I can't imagine anyone thinking them to be a bad decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

its called long term effects. also, ive taken Addies before. great pill, just have to b careful with it. b honest with ur doc. my only experiences with it have been durrin football. i wud take a pill or so before practice sometimes. it was fantastic...slowwed everything down and i focused on everything...i can only imagine how poker wud b on it. im just gonna say excercise caution, esp for long term usage.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:27 PM

don't do it. had a small problem with it so now whenever i have to take any pill, i kinda gag.

bad bad bad bad
Old 12-15-2006, 07:56 PM

I've had a script for addy for probably 5 years, and i haven't taken it in at least 3. I am one of those smart/unfocused young adults, and at first I thought it was awesome. It honestly loses all it's positive qualities after several days of use imho, and i wouldn't recommend it for "zoning in" your poker skills. You'll have mean ass mood swings when it wears off, and you'll also tilt like crazy if you're coming down off it and something bad happens.

Just my two cents though.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:43 PM

Hmm... Don't really know how to enter this post, but I've got something to say. "Drugs are Bad" is a stupid sentiment that stinks of absolutism, but do know that with most of them (esp. amphetamines of any sort, including adderall) it's only the beginning in which their sublimely positive effects are felt.

If you were to take adderall on rare occasion, then you WOULD keep edge it gives you. Thing is, people don't think that way... You take it=good result/sharp thinking=good poker/good <fill in the blank>

Now that's it been treating you well, you do it more often but note you didn't *quite* get that feeling you originally did.... NO THIS ISN'T A DRUGS ARE BAD WARNING, keep reading...

After taking it at any level more than once/week or UPPING THE ORIGINAL DOSE WHATSOVER your body begins building a noteable resistance to it, and IT WILL NEVER DO WHAT IT ORIGINALLY DID until it's ALL out of your system and your body is given time to forget it's resistance (usually months if usage is even mild-moderate for any period of time of use over 1.5 weeks)

What am I saying? IT'S ONLY GOOD IN THE BEGINNING. After that, you're chasing. Chasing.

No, drugs aren't bad. They're just drugs. What we do with them and what they can in turn do to us is what carries connotation, both negative and positive. Thing is, adderall can and would improve your poker game with judicious use. Thing is, VERY few (if any) humans are able to use most drugs judiciously, as by physiological design our bodies don't allow said substances to maintain their original effect.

Could you manage adderall's use judiciously? The odds are not in your favor. Think runner-runner quads. Not impossible to do, but not very likely. What's your Ev for it's use?
Old 12-16-2006, 01:07 PM

551 peas do you think 1-2 pills a week is judicial usage or 1-2 a month?
Closed Thread