Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 02:35 AM

Default ***** STAR WARS : A New Hope - Game thread *****

A long time ago...
In a galaxy far, far away...

STAR WARS – A NEW HOPE

It was a time of the civil unrest in the Galaxy. Rebels have recovered secret plans for the Death Star and are gathering forces to stage a massive attack. A small moon named Yavin IV is their secret base. Ships are coming in every day from every possible direction bringing supplies, ammo and fighters. The Flight Control Center is busy 24/7 managing approach and exit trajectories of all incoming and outgoing spaceships as well as communications with patrol flights.

"Corellian F5412 - Hangar 14, Docking bay 5..."
"Twi'lek K7621 - Hangar 3, Docking Bay 7..."
"Contol, this is Green One checking in... Everything is quiet... Wait a minute! What's that?
Control, do you have ID on this guy? He's descending well outside the established route?"
"Green One, we hailed the bogey and are not getting any response. Investigate and engage at will."

Short time later:

"Control - this is Green One reporting, the vehicle looks like a modified Imperial shuttle.
They are not responding to our hail attempts. Engaging..."
Immediately afterwards the speaker is filled with loud static... Green squadron is not responding to any communication attempts. Almost immediately two more squadrons are dispatched to the last known location of Green squadron. They are ordered to keep communications off to prevent detection by the enemy until and unless they discover what the problem is and whether or not the Green squadron has been wiped out by an overwhelming enemy force or simply encountered some weird natural phenomena that is disrupting their communication channel.

Upon arrival they discover a wreckage of an Imperial shuttle and several naked bodies. Upon closer inspection they prove to be the members of the Green Squadron, mysteriously murdered and stripped of their Uniform. There are no signs of any X-wing fighters.

"Control, this is Blue One. I found a wrecked shuttle and all of the Greens, dead! X-wings are
missing - Please engage the tracking system!"
"Uhhh, Blue One, no need for the tracking system - Green Squadron returned about 5 minutes ago and landed... OH MY GOD, they are in Hangar 6! It has direct access to Command Center - quick, we need to stop them!!! Close all of the blast doors in Hangar 6!!! And cut the power to the Hangar!"

With a clang and a slam all blast doors of Hangar 6 are closed. Whoever is inside the Hangar will
not be able to get out...

It is up to the rebels inside the hangar to identify and destroy all Imperial spies in their midst.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:13 AM

Default Re: ***** STAR WARS : A New Hope - Game thread *****

According to the information available to the Rebel Command Center the following Rebel forces are currently locked out inside Hangar 6 :

Luke Skywalker
His somewhat trained Jedi senses allow him to discover an identity of one character he choses to concentrate on per night.

Han Solo
A gambler, smuggler and a hotshot, Han Solo realizes that he forgot to recharge his blaster! What a stupid, stupid mistake! All he has left is 1 shot, and he can use it at anytime. In any and all confrontations with Greedo - Han wins and Greedo dies... Because Han shoots first... (clarification: If Han is atacked by Greedo at night or at any time - he does not lose his 1 shot).

Chewbacca
Han Solo's trusted sidekick, Chewie can try and get a sense of whether or not the person he's targeted is good or bad. However, doing so gives him a mighty headache, and we do not want to upset a Wookie... He can "sense" people only every other night (starting N1).

Princess Leia Organa
Royal privilege gives this young lady's opinion an extra weight. Her vote counts for 2.

Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
An old Jedi Obi-Wan has the ability to protect Han, Leia, Luke or Chewbacca. Each night Obi-wan can choose a player to protect. If the player is one of the 4 mentioned - the attack on that player is blocked. If the player is someone else the protection has no effect.

See Threepio (C-3PO)
C-3PO has a 50% chance of survivng an attack if attacked by a stormtrooper.

Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
This little droid can open and close doors and thus prevent 1 player each night from performing any night actions (except for Primary wolf kill).

Logs recovered from the wrecked shuttle suggest that the following <font color="blue">Imperial</font> personnel was on board at the time of the crash :

Darth Vader
Fearsome man in the black mask can use the Force to find out a role of 1 person each night.

Grand Moff Tarkin
Grand Moff has the power to cast 0, 1 or 2 votes for whoever he voted for in the thread during the day. Lack of PM to mod by 10:10 PM will assume 2 votes.

Admiral Motti
Short of breath, Admiral Motti would be happy to be rid of Vader, but that's not to be. For now he must be content with blocking 1 player's night actions every night.

Greedo
1 Anytime shot.

1 Stormtrooper

General notes :

Night falls at 10:00 PM. No majority night.
Night actions are due by 9 am.
If 2 roleblockers' actins run into each other in any way they will be randed and it's possible that only 1 of them will succeed.

Please PM all questions / clarifications to me.

Direct quoting of role PM's is NOT ok - MODKILL will ensue.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:32 AM

********* Mod note ***********

I will be in an off-site meeting all day tomorrow.
No countifs and no clarifications until kinda late at night.

Please start the day promptly at 9 am server time.

There were NO free peeks.

Player list for Day 1:

Areinitz
Boiler
Clowntable
DMK
Fnord
Herbie
Hornacek
Jeremy
Kyro's Mom
lastchance
Luckay
Magra
NichP
RichChed
Soah
Tabako
TrueFloridaGator
Traz
WDC
Xorbie

Old 12-14-2006, 10:09 AM

OK - I will venture out of hiding first in Hangar 6 and take a shot at Fnord - simply because he expects me to. But, watch out, I may be shooting at others today too untilI get my bearings...
Old 12-14-2006, 10:20 AM

Good morning Rebel Alliance! I brought coffee and donuts for public consumption but you have to ask nicely if you want to share my Jagermeister..... we could be in here a long time and I don't want to run out....
Old 12-14-2006, 10:20 AM

areinitz

what do i win?
Old 12-14-2006, 10:25 AM

Oh and I vote RichChed - he can't be trusted....
Old 12-14-2006, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and I vote RichChed - he can't be trusted....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Is he eating the donuts? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]