Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Drama bombs in Hawg country

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/175675/

“The reason for the meeting was very simple,” Rick Cleveland said. “We wanted to know what is the direction of Arkansas ’ football program ? Are we eventually going to get to Gus ’ offense ? Or are we going to stay with the way we are at present ?”

I'm not sure how I feel about this. My first impression is get the [censored] outta here. They should have started with the coaches and for sure the head coach. And Nutt should have definately been in the meeting with Broyles.

I understand the parents wanting the best for their kids, but this just seems to be doing it the wrong way.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Drama bombs in Hawg country

That's often part of what you get when you sign a mega-hyped recruit.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:37 PM

All this stuff seems totally reasonable to me, especially if the kids have legitimate pro potential. There are plenty of programs that throw more than 20 times a game that would love to have 3-5 star QB's/WR's transfer in, so why be stuck at Arkansas?
The problem is that the coach is just going to lie anyway to keep the kids from transferring, so the parents are doing no good.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:22 AM

I don't have a problem with the meeting but it should have been with Nutt and it didn't have to get out to the media. I am sure this type of thing goes on every year at every program. Parents concerned about the direction of the program and how their child is being utilized. I watched this first hand with my little sister and my parents when she played basketball in college and transfered after here sophmore year.

The problem is that it is now public. They went over Nutt's head and Williams has already asked to be released from his scholarship. There is also a book coming out soon about these 3 kids high school season last year and my understanding is Mustain ripps Nutt pretty good in it. I have heard that these three kids are not very liked on the Arkansas team and the timing of all this sucks being right before their bowl game. Do it in the off season, don't go over the coach's head and don't leak it to the media and this is no big deal but the way they have gone about it it will be a sh$t storm before its all said and done. If i'm Nutt i am suspending them at least for the bowl game and considering kicking them off the team or asking them to transfer or grow up and get on board with the program.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:16 PM

i don't like my Arkansas bowl bet so much with this stuff going on
Old 12-14-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like my Arkansas bowl bet so much with this stuff going on

[/ QUOTE ]

They all kissed and made up today except for the Williams transfer. Mustain apologized and they are still trying to remove coach Nutt's nose from his ass.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:55 AM

I'm trying not to get too bent out of shape over this whole thing, but the more I think about it the madder I get. I've never been a huge fan of Broyles anyway. After the way he treated Hatfield and Kines, I especially didn't care for him.

The article stated

Broyles said Tuesday he had told the parents they needed to meet with Nutt, not him, but he agreed to see them when they showed up at his office anyway.

“I didn’t want to be rude,” said Broyles, who declined to discuss any details of the meeting.

Well, I think he should have stuck to his guns and refused to see them without the coaches present. Of course who knows how many different ways this story has been spun before it got to print. I wouldn't be surprised if Broyles got to sign off on the article before it went to press.

I don't blame the kids for wanting to get the best shake possible for themselves and wish Williams good luck wherever he lands. I wish they would've waited till the season was over tho. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]