Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 01:45 PM

Default $20 itm all in, top pair any good?

hey all, sorry for the format below, tydied it up as best i could. Does anyone now of a hand history converter for victor chandler?

3 handed in a $20 sng now itm. read on the sb is he was loose and passive pf, limping a lot. I hav moved in on his last 3 blinds and he has folded everytime and seems like he wants to play back.

Last round on a limped 788 flop he pushed all in with J7 and it seemed like he didnt want to play a hand and just take it down there and then.

qwertyui9 has $4,490 - bb
scarfacejay has $9,760 - sb
austria78 has $3,750 - dealer

qwertyui9 has J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

austria78 folded.
scarfacejay called 200
qwertyui9 checked.
Dealing flop.
[J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
scarfacejay checked.
qwertyui9 checked.
Dealing turn.
Board cards [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
scarfacejay checked.
qwertyui9 bet 600
scarfacejay called 600
Dealing river.
Board cards [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
scarfacejay bet 8,760 and is All-in

My read on the flop is that I have not seen him slowplay a hand after the flop in around 35 mins of play so on the flop im certain my hand is good so i check, looking back on it FSP on my part. I bet turn for value and im pretty confused on river. Theres quite a few busted draws out there and this could be a bluff. What do you all do here? cheers.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:36 PM

Default Re: $20 itm all in, top pair any good?

As played, fold the river... he probably has a 5!

Error #1: BET the flop!! Protect your hand and don't let turn/river kill you.