Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 12:51 PM

Default 5NL, Another AJo, what is my line?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.02/$0.05
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $3.58
UTG+1: $5.25
MP1: $2.85
MP2: $2.35
Esmerelda: $10.63
Button: $2.71
SB: $11.80
BB: $17.78

Pre-flop: (8 players) Esmerelda is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1, folds, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Esmerelda

Again with the AJo, I feel like limping because there is no way Button will both fold and I don't like AJo enough. I restrain this urge.

raises to $0.3</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.02, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, Esmerelda ???

Board misses villains likely range but anyone with a pp will call on this board imo. Thoughts on c-bet here?

I decide to pass.

checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $0.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, Esmerelda ???

I suspect Button is fos bases on loose calling and fairly strong agression. Haven't played with Button before so this is just an impression based on a small number of hands. Any thoughts on making some sort of play here?

I let this one go almost always but i feel like aggressive villains are stealing a lot here. C/r bluff? What lines do you recommend for the odd resteal?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 5NL, Another AJo, what is my line?

I'd Cbet 10 out of 10. 90% of the time they will fold. If not, at least you'll know where you stand.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 PM

I don't think there's any need to get fancy with a resteal here, just c-bet again. As played villians bet is weak but a checkraise on that flop with just the button to act behind doesn't represent anything so I fold.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:03 PM

Unless button's been calling me down alot I almost always C-Bet this one. As played fold.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 PM

Nothing wrong with checking the flop here. Anyone with a pair or a draw will call here, and you are up against two opponents, so I would guess a c-bet would not succeed often enough to be worth the investment. There is no way that they fold anything approaching 90% of the time.

I would sometimes make a play here, especially if villain usually bets more than half pot with a real hand. If I wanted to make a play, I would generally c/r the flop to about $2. Often it is best to let it go here. I do also sometimes check an overpair on this sort of flop as well, so when I do checkraise, then I could have a hand.