Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 12:17 AM

Default Agression factor

My biggest weakness in my 6max game is my agression factor(af). While im comfortable with a low pf af, my stats are 25/15, i think my postflop af is stopping me from going beyond 2-2,5bb/100. My AF-stats for the last 25000 hands are:

pre-flop: 1.17
flop: 1.68
turn: 1.33
river: 1.27
total: 1.33

It may be a stupid question, but i'm looking for some ways to raise my af. I have some things i know i should do. I need to steal more on the flop against 2+ players. I rarely try to steal when two or more are calling my preflop raise and i miss totaly. And I need to value-bet more on the river. I think i'm taking the "only calls if he has the better hand" to far. I'm obviously calling down to much too. Any thoughts?

Arthur Dent
Old 12-13-2006, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Agression factor

I think you should post some fold to flop/turn/river percentages and look up your went to showdown stat too.

I think with that information it can become more clear if you just don't bet enough or don't fold enough/call too much.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 AM

You should just read SSH (another time) and read these forums a lot. You'll automatically improve your play. It's impossible to say you should just raise more 3 out of 10 flops and put in another extra bet on 2 rivers. Every situation is different, you basically just have to improve your pokertheory so you can apply it when you're playing. A rising AF will follow.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:23 AM

umm... bet more... and sometimes raise more... and prolly check raise more as well.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
umm... bet more... and sometimes raise more... and prolly check raise more as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, kinda the answer i expected to a question like that. Just frustrating to have a af half of what i could (should) have. But since its calculated as (raise% +bet%)/call%, it won't have to be that many calls converted into raises before I see the results. Thanks.

Arthur Dent
Old 12-13-2006, 07:12 PM

Just a caution. Some of those calls may be prudent folds.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:15 PM

Yeah give us some extra info, esp., wtsd.

One thing that made a difference for me was increased c/r, esp. in blind steals. God knows how many times you'll defend with J9, flop comes J65, and you c/.r a continuation bet. Those kind of situations are frequent and pretty much play themselves, but make a big difference to af.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:50 PM

If you are really winning 2-2.5 bb/100, you are probably doing much better than most of the "better players" telling you that your AF is too low. I have a more traditional 2+2 playing style and I have not been able to do that well since the monster started. Maybe you have some things you could teach us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .
Old 12-13-2006, 08:36 PM

My wtsd is 37,97% and my w$sd is 58,33%. I now have a 2.21bb/100 for the last 22000 hands(all stats are from the last 22000) Before that I had 1.87bb for 25k and 0.81bb for 30kbefore that again. Since i'm fairly new to 6max (total ca.120.000hands) i divide the hands into ~25000h databases to see the progress. And hand in hand with my improved results, the AF rises. And agression is one of the hardest things to adopt from 10 to 6max, since i've hold the agression back for years in full ring. jdock99, most of what i know, comes from lurking 2+2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Arthur Dent
Old 12-13-2006, 08:53 PM

If you're winning you should not be changing your play based on how your stats look. If you think you're not aggressive enough, find hands where you think the problem is and post them.