Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 11:04 PM

Default The Designated NC Thread Rises from the Dead! (Post it in here!)

Alright, guys. Due to popular demand (and a little bit of personal initiative taking), the NC thread is coming back, at least on a trial basis. It was fun comic relief with a better attitude than BBV, and it appears that everyone who spoke up when I asked about it wanted to see it back.

I'm going to kick off this NC thread with one Bourbon, one Scotch, and one Bee... I mean, one Beat, one Brag, and one Variance.

First off, the beat. I ordered a new Sony 50" LCoS HDTV on 1/23. I wanted it in time to watch my Seahawks pwn in the Super Bowl. I was told by the guy I ordered it from (phone order) that it would be 5-7 days to deliver. I figured for 1/30, but I had a 4 business day buffer in case of bad things. Any less of a buffer than this and I was taking my business elsewhere. They're then late in e-mailing me my invoice, and late in shipping it, but the tracking number I get says a 2/3 arrival. Phew. Well, today at about 4 pm, it still hasn't arrived. I call up the company and they say, "Oh no, we can't get it to you until Monday." Can I come and pick it up? No, it's not anywhere where I could pick it up. I do bite my thumb, ma'am.

Brag: The other thing that I was supposed to get is notification as to whether or not my abstract was accepted for a poster presentation for the RECOMB 2006 conference. It was! Oh, and this conference is in Venice, Italy. And my advisor is paying for the bulk of the trip (registration, airfare, hotel, and some food). Hell [censored]' yeah. It even made up for the fact that I'm going to be hosting a Super Bowl party w/ all my friends while watching a crappy ass TV that's as old as I am.

Variance: Here's a hand from one of my HU matches that's pretty classic. Third hand of the match:

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8 BB

Results:
Hero has Qc 9c (straight, queen high).
Button has 8c Qd (full house, tens full of eights).
Outcome: Button wins 8 BB.

That's right. Runner runner reverse domination of my flopped nuts.

Eh, what the hell. Let's celebrate w/ one bourbon, one Scotch, and one beer (or more!), too. You can find me at Party 0.50/1 68458, but you'd better be drinking.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:13 PM

Default Re: The Designated NC Thread Rises from the Dead! (Post it in here!)

Hell, I just played a hand w/ 6 other people. I can't remember the last time that could have possibly happened to me. You guys should get in here quick.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:33 PM

Cryptologic 0.25/0.50 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (9.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (13.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 21.00 BB.
Results in below:
Hero has 8c 8d (A Full House, Eights full of Tens)
SB has Jc 9s (Straight Flush, Jack high)

BB was all in on the river which probably saved me bets as i didn't even see the straight flush
Old 02-03-2006, 11:37 PM

Did you see the flop?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:39 PM

I dunno, but that's a pretty amazingly awful cold call.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:43 PM

yeah....i should've included please don't critique my play as I haven't read SSHE yet. Until today that is when I used the money from my first month playing online (made the 90 bonus at interpoker and a 20 dollar profit) to go and buy SSHE. I've read up to playing preflop so far and even though this hand was only a couple days ago, seeing it now I dont like my call pre-flop and should've folded that flop the way it went
Old 02-03-2006, 11:45 PM

[censored] I wasn't even talking about preflop. That's not half as bas as the flop cold call.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please don't critique my play as I haven't read SSHE yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the greatest quote evar in ML
Old 02-04-2006, 12:10 AM

I'm on a ~365 BB losing streak at 1/2. Every indication I can possibly find says I should be playing well enough to win...what's the worst streak you guys have ever had?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm on a ~365 BB losing streak at 1/2. Every indication I can possibly find says I should be playing well enough to win...what's the worst streak you guys have ever had?

[/ QUOTE ]

breakeven over 30k hands, or a 300BB downswing over 15k hands.
Closed Thread