Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Full Tilt closed my account

The story began about 2 months ago. I went to Michigan to visit a friend of mine at college. I played online there and loaned his roommate money, and he paid it back after he got it up a little bit on the site. I have been a loyal customer of their site for about a year, I even have a full tilt poker hockey jersey.

About 3 weeks ago, I find out my account is being audited, which I don't have a huge problem with. I have been in communication with them for about 2 weeks. They asked about my association with the screenname "Muckitmate", well this was my friend's roommate, and I communicated the whole story to them. I did my own investigation into the situation and it turns out that he created multiple accounts. He's obviously an idiot, but I didnt know this was the case when I transferred to him.

Today, they send me an e-mail saying that there is a slim chance that my account will ever be opened again. I had a decent portion of my bankroll on that site, and now it looks like I'll never have access to it again.

Do I have any recourse? I have never colluded, defrauded, or done anything dishonest on their site or any site. Can they just assume that I'm guilty by association? Not even that close of an association, I have literally met the kid 3 times, and he's the cause of the loss of a decent portion of my bankroll? If anybody has close affiliation with full tilt poker, please shoot me a PM or post in this thread to help me figure out this situation.

I cross-posted this on FCP and also on Pocketfives, but it seems like someone here would be more likely to help.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt closed my account

Ugh, sorry Chris. Hopefully someone here can help. This is what is horrible about online poker right now, sites can and do basically just do whatever they want.

M
Old 12-11-2006, 02:43 PM

they said they are going to keep your money?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:48 PM

1st post, what a surprise!

let the FT smearing campaign begin.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:48 PM

They didnt say they were going to keep my money, but I know in situations like this, that is a possible recourse.

It's not like I even had a lot of money on the site, I really enjoyed playing there, and have been a loyal user for probably over a year.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:50 PM

I actually don't have a problem with FTP, they just made a mistake in this situation. In fact, it's far and away my favorite site because of their tournament structure, and I would have been looking forward to trying out their mixed cash games.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:58 PM

I don't have an answer here, but would like to add to the question. BF and I live together and used to both have our own accounts at Party. Since we are in the US, we have switched to FT and Stars. He has an account on one and I have one on another. Occasionally, I like to play tournaments on the other site and use his account. Is this wrong? I'm not worried about getting the money back and forth (I trust him to send me winnings or pay me back and vice versa and if we break up and I lose the money that's my fault). I'm just asking about the ethics of a single account and two people. I am afraid to establish a second account at a site with the same IP address. Any thoughts?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am afraid to establish a second account at a site with the same IP address. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing wrong or against FTPs T&C creating two accounts from the same IP. It is quite clearly against FTP's T&C (and that of every other poker site out there) to share an account. I suggest you create your own account and play from that.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:13 PM

It sure seems like there's a "Full Tilt took my money" post cropping up at least once a week.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am afraid to establish a second account at a site with the same IP address. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing wrong or against FTPs T&C creating two accounts from the same IP. It is quite clearly against FTP's T&C (and that of every other poker site out there) to share an account. I suggest you create your own account and play from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I actually think I may have one, but since I rarely play on that site I don't have any money on it and was afraid of the IP thing.