Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2006, 03:01 AM

Default Public Apology, ie; begging isn\'t cool in BBV

Having seen the thread that happened a while after my "busto" thread, (busto--->beg inside) the one that was clearly influenced by mine, I thought of something. We all love a good gamble. Running "5 bucks up to something" as Nation said to me, is a fun event to participate in and watch. But when you start to ask for money on a forum, you lose credibility in the people whom, like it or not, you communicate with everyday. As much as the cynicist in me would like to say "$$$>>online reputation", I don't feel like it is. The time I spend here, and the things I have learned and laughed at while high, have been more valuable to me than a few bucks.

Though my challenge was to run up from .02/.04 to robusto through small donations, and though I thought it was good natured, it was no different than other small minded and cheap attempts to get something for free. I denied it, but in the end its taking charity from those who applied their work ethic to the concept of winning poker, while the taker attempts to "take a shot" at their expense.

Perhaps coinciding with the realization (gasp!) that I am not as good at poker as I thought I was, I decided that if I was going to start over, at the beginning, and reapply myself to learning poker and being more than just a OOT/BBV -er at this forum, I couldn't have this hanging over my head. I'm honestly embaressed. As well as bad at spelling.

Gidwulf said "quit begging for money in BBV". I don't know how this applies to pooping in a bag and paying said pooper. Something that American shoud not be taken away from us. But outright begging is in bad form, and below BBV. Perhaps it can be ok in Home Poker or something. I feel like my thread made someone think BBV was a train station, in which the less fortunate or smart among us beg for scraps from others. It is not. BBV is about taking terribe shots, yes. But they are your own shots. And we will all comfort you, or ridicule you, knowing that it was your money you lost. And there is a sliver of pride in that.

Siwicki,
I don't want to say you were right. In fact, I outright don't like you. You called me a bum as well. BUT...you were right. Begging is pretty disgraceful. But when I do get my roll back, you will be the first one to know of the HU for pride and money challenge.