Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 01:53 AM

Default Bad trend in mtt bubble finishes

In the past month or so, I've finished in the top 22% of 150-2000 person MTTs 7 times with only one cash, which came just inside the bubble. I'm not sure if it's just a result of bad luck that I seem to be taking big hits right before the bubble, forcing me to smallball instead of being able to push people around, but I was wondering if anyone had some insight on what I might be doing wrong that has lead to all these bubbles or weak cashes. I know 7 tournaments in one month is a small sample size, but I'd really like to reverse this trend because I, and pretty much everyone else, hate the feeling of spending 4+ hours in a tournament and walking away with my buy-in or nothing. I currently play on Full Tilt, and the range of tournaments I play includes $26-$216 b/i's, but mostly higher than $26. Thanks for any help!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Bad trend in mtt bubble finishes

It's impossible to tell if you're running cold or if you're making mistakes without specific hands. Post some hands in these stages of the tourney that you question your play in and you'll get a better response.