Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2006, 09:36 PM

Default River full house

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds.

River: (5.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero ???

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

The 3-bet on the river made me a little nervous, but I figured villain would have raised KQ preflop. K9 was worrisome too. My best hope was that he hit a flush and I could take him as high as he wanted to go, but I didn't want to stretch my luck in case he had K9 or KQ.

Also, was I a little loose PF?
Old 12-10-2006, 09:49 PM

Default Re: River full house

I think this is a fold preflop. There needs to be more callers to make suited Ks profitable.

Flop bet is ok, seeing as we have top pair and were checked to.

Turn bet is good too. That 2nd K reduces the chance that someone else has that other K.

I am definately capping this river (is Stars uncapped on river heads up?). You don't have the nuts, but I'm sure he doesn't put you on K2.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:52 PM

Fold preflop.

As played cap the river.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:53 PM

"Also, was I a little loose PF?" I would definitely say so! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If I have a hard time deciding whether to play a hand or not because that 9To on the Button just look too pretty, I ask myself what flop I would like. And if the answer to that seems too much like Wonderland, I fold.
What flop would you like with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Besides K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 12-10-2006, 09:55 PM

This is 22 or a flush much more often than K9 or KQ. It's an interesting question just how far you should go with no cap but with a 4 or 5 bet cap I'm reraising.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:04 PM

I was somewhat kidding about questioning if I was loose PF, I can't even find another K2s in my (somewhat small) PT database that I didn't fold. Not quite sure why I called this one, but my attention's focused on the river this hand.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:05 PM

im in the fold pf camp, wait for a couple more limpers.

def cap river.

if it is unlimited raises when HU on river, and he goes 5-bets, i think i would give it one more raise then call.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:16 AM

*grunch*

Given the way he played i don't see any reason to put him on KQ or K9. Everthing indicates a flush on the river. I would try to extract as much money as possible here.

*edit*
Just because this is a fold pre-flop, don't be afraid to put some money in the pot as your hand improve.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:04 AM

fold preflop. the rest of the hand is fine, except cap the river!! you have a lovely disguised boat. this is runner runner flush, a straight, trip kings, or maybe an underboat way more than it is something you're beat by.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:54 AM

welcome to the forums

[ QUOTE ]
I was somewhat kidding about questioning if I was loose PF, I can't even find another K2s in my (somewhat small) PT database that I didn't fold. Not quite sure why I called this one, but my attention's focused on the river this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you focusing on the river here? as others have posted, the preflop is not good but the rest of perfectly fine and dandy.

Capping seems like a no brainer to me.....unless you have a read to that explictly indicates otherwise. Im sensing that you got a nice read from this hand [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

what im getting at is that you are better off focusing on THE TYPE of hands that occur often and not hands where you are concerned with capping a river. This sort of river decision (to cap or not to cap) just doesnt come up often enough to significantly affect your winrate IMHO.