Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 12:26 AM

Default Tijuana Trip Report Part I

I was inspired to do this TR after reading this thread in OOT . I posted it here beause BBV is my home.

Spring 2005: I am attending a major university in San Diego and my cousin is visiting from out of state. He's on Spring Break but I'm not, I take the week off school anyways because he's my best friend and I can't be wasting any time in class. Before my cuz even arrives, I have secured a 1/2 oz. of Cali's finest (some kush or n. lights, I forget). So I swoop him up from the airport at the un-Godly hour of 10am and we the smoke the obligatory pre-rolled blunt on the drive back to my pad. But we don't make it that far. Convo in car:

Me: So, what do you wanna do today?
Cuzzo: I dunno, what are my choices?
Me: We can goto the beach, the zoo, shopping........TJ?
Cuzzo: Is it true we could get all types of pills and shyt in TJ for cheap?
Me: Hellz yeah!!

We look over at each other and couldn't help but laughing, without another word, we were headed to Tijuana.

So I take the next exit and find the nearest trolley stop(not safe to park at the border, especially with all my cuz's stuff in the trunk, not to mention that we're gonna be shyt-faced on the way back). During the trolley ride we were REALLY stoned, which was good becasue I wanted to give cuzzo a few pointers on how not to get f'ed by the Federalies.

So we finally arrive at the border and walk pass the rusty turn-styles into TJ. I could tell that my cuz was feeling a little culture shock which was intensified by the chronic blunt he smoked (he dosen't get the good stuff where he from). Right as we walk in, we pass an entire street of pharmacies with "pharmacist" trying to sollicit us. I had to pull my cousin away from one of them and whisper to him that they wouldn't have what we were looking for.

We end up being sollicited into eating at an outdoor resturaunt and proceed to down a bucket of Coronas. After our food arrived, the following convo took place:

Waiter: Is there *anything* else that I can get for you guys?
Cuzzo: anything?
waiter: yessssss, ANYthing
Cuzzo: Xanax?
Waiter: how many?
cuzzo: 60, 2mg?
waiter: ok, $150
cuzzo: 150, how bout 130?
Waiter: okay, okay, $130 PLUS TIP! eat your food, ill be back (with his best Terminator impression)

So we eat our tacos and the waiter comes back and tells my cuzzo to go into the bathroom and look behind the toilet. Cuz comes back with a huge grin on his face and smoothly hands me half a Xanax bar, which he motions me to eat immediately. I oblige, but see two Federalies talking to our waiter, I'm think to myself "great, in 45 minutes I'm going to be completly beligerent and these two Federalies are probably thinking 'what are two college kids doing here, drinking beer on a Wed before noon?'" Thankfully they leave, and I'm pretty sure they just wanted our waiter to kick them down a couple of pesos. We finish our beers and pay the bill, which came out to $155 (including the meal), after shooting the [censored] with the waiter for a bit, telling him that we were gonna look for him next time, we wander the TJ streets with a belly full off tacos n' beer and a head full of xanax, we're like a ticking
time bomb waiting to explode.

Part II: Strip Club, 10k Peso Fight and Crossing the Border w/ Contraban
Old 12-09-2006, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Tijuana Trip Report Part I

that is pretty stupid, you should at least have someone sober with you.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:40 AM

pretty good tr so far, part 2 plz
Old 12-09-2006, 12:42 AM

sounds like a nice report but,, wtf doesd xanax do to you? wikipedia says it's a depression drug? sounds kinda lame...
Old 12-09-2006, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that is pretty stupid, you should at least have someone sober with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of story would that be? Looking forward to part II
Old 12-09-2006, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like a nice report but,, wtf doesd xanax do to you? wikipedia says it's a depression drug? sounds kinda lame...

[/ QUOTE ]

The best way I could describe it is that it makes you completely un-inhibited, especially when drinking. With the right dosage, you could spit game with the best of 'em, but with too much, which is often the case, you are on the next level of drunkeness. Xanax noobs usually take too much then wake up with major injuries or in jail.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:52 AM

I'll post part II tommorow, have to play some poker.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Xanax
Old 12-09-2006, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll post part II tommorow, have to play some poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't wait!
Old 12-09-2006, 09:51 AM

Who was the chick in your old avatar? She was hot. Also, nice post.