Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 08:18 PM

Default Cashing %

What would you guys say is a good cashing %? Or would you rank it by % of 1st, 2nd's and 3rd's? I am cashing in about 40% of my sit and go's. Is that good? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Cashing %

Great Post, no not really, at all. You have 50 posts and have never heard of FAQ sticky? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2006, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you guys say is a good cashing %? Or would you rank it by % of 1st, 2nd's and 3rd's? I am cashing in about 40% of my sit and go's. Is that good? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

we usually cash in about 7/10 or 70%[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

inbe4lock
Old 12-08-2006, 09:09 PM

I have about 92% ITM over the last 12 sngs. Is that goot?!?!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great Post, no not really, at all. You have 50 posts and have never heard of FAQ sticky? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol tell me u r not one of these post bashers too. lol
Im JK, i'm sure u feel like sying the same thing to me EVERY time i ask u one of my stupid Q's.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:35 PM

Cause Im in a good christmassy mood:

What's the highest ITM possible at each level?

There is a limit to how often you can place in the money, even if you are playing against 9 monkeys. All you can do is get your chips in as a favorite when it matters most. How often you are able to do this will depend largely on your opponents... and that's why it's harder to do at the $215's than at the $6's. But even if you found the worst 9 players alive, you could only do so well.

That number is 44.4% or 4/9. I'm not talking about playing against 9 robots programmed to make the worst decision possible on every hand, I'm talking about 9 opponents who are trying their best to win money, but just can't do it (a standard $6 SNG.) 44.4% is simply the best that anybody can do over infinity.

I understand that a whole bunch of people have sets of several hundred SNGs with greater than 44.4% ITM. I understand that a few may even have 1000 or 2000 SNG sets that are slightly higher than this. I also understand the impact of favorable variance and I'm telling you that anybody finishing ITM more than this is on a heater from hell. Period. The best player in the world against the worst players in the world would be very, very, very close to 44.4% ITM over infinity.

So, what's a "good" ITM? Well, I can tell you after watching a whole bunch of really good players play a whole bunch of SNGs, that if you can get 40% at any level above the $11's you are either kicking ass or running hot (or both.) Once you get to the 1000-chip games, right now in 2005 the very best players may be able to achieve 38% over a very large sample.

Again, I understand that a few players may be able to furnish some impressive numbers that seem to prove otherwise... but I don't care because all those players will be gone in a year or less.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:45 PM

Pifh,

Great POST!!!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:05 PM

Irie,
Nice post!

p.s. no one plays 10man sngs anymore now that the party's dead, so slightly higher ITM %'s are possible.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pifh,

Great POST!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG you're a genius!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cause Im in a good christmassy mood:

What's the highest ITM possible at each level?

There is a limit to how often you can place in the money, even if you are playing against 9 monkeys. All you can do is get your chips in as a favorite when it matters most. How often you are able to do this will depend largely on your opponents... and that's why it's harder to do at the $215's than at the $6's. But even if you found the worst 9 players alive, you could only do so well.

That number is 44.4% or 4/9. I'm not talking about playing against 9 robots programmed to make the worst decision possible on every hand, I'm talking about 9 opponents who are trying their best to win money, but just can't do it (a standard $6 SNG.) 44.4% is simply the best that anybody can do over infinity.

I understand that a whole bunch of people have sets of several hundred SNGs with greater than 44.4% ITM. I understand that a few may even have 1000 or 2000 SNG sets that are slightly higher than this. I also understand the impact of favorable variance and I'm telling you that anybody finishing ITM more than this is on a heater from hell. Period. The best player in the world against the worst players in the world would be very, very, very close to 44.4% ITM over infinity.

So, what's a "good" ITM? Well, I can tell you after watching a whole bunch of really good players play a whole bunch of SNGs, that if you can get 40% at any level above the $11's you are either kicking ass or running hot (or both.) Once you get to the 1000-chip games, right now in 2005 the very best players may be able to achieve 38% over a very large sample.

Again, I understand that a few players may be able to furnish some impressive numbers that seem to prove otherwise... but I don't care because all those players will be gone in a year or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive read about this 44.4% ceiling, i believe its in the FAQ here, but isnt that referring to 10 man SnGs? im almost positive it is, and that playing 9 man sngs, the maximum ITM% attainable must be higher than this. probably a couple percentage points...