Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 06:16 PM

Default no redraw - whatīs the play?

So Iīve been runnin/playing badly lately and thus find myself in a 15bb downswing.

Online 10-20, 8-9 handed and as a wellcomed change there is a (big?) fish in the game. Only a few orbits with him, but once he raised pot from blinds, lead pot at a J95 ss flop and after a shortie called a-i, and I re-potted, he pushed his bare nut-spade draw and missed. Effective stacks there 2,7k.

So now it is a 5-handed limped flop of 456r. Checks, fish pots (98) utg+1, some folds, I call 78+backdoor Q-high spades in LP. Then bb pushes a-i for +400. Now fish re-pots. He started with 4,2k and I cover.

Variance isnīt a concern, but my hand isnīt much and we are deepish. Against a solid opponent I muck this quickly, whatabout here?
Old 12-08-2006, 06:50 PM

Default Re: no redraw - whatīs the play?

He sounds like the kind of player who would play a naked straight this way, so you may be freerolling him with your backdoor flush draw.

I have also seen players reraise with sets and/or #2 straights here. Also, since you just called on the flop he may figure he can blow you out of the pot or charge you to draw to a full house...

He's shown you he's willing to push without the nuts or big draw, so you will probably do okay against his range.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:56 PM

Redraws shouldn't be a major concern unless your opponent can only have the same hand as you; no worse. In this scenario his range is gonna be pretty wide. Stick it in.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So Iīve been runnin/playing badly lately and thus find myself in a 15bb downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear you're running so bad over the last 1 hands.

I go broke here against this guy no problem.