Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 12:41 AM

Default Stud8 hand #2 (possibly just as boring)

Not the same opponent as the other hand, but has a similar style (a little too loose). Might be a little better of a hand reader than the other opponent.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

River - (5.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (7.17 BB)
Old 12-08-2006, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Stud8 hand #2 (possibly just as boring)

What was the question?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:19 AM

Check behind him on 5th. If your going for the low heads up, there is no reason to put more money in the pot, unless you want to lose more when the low doesn't hit, that is.

4th street was OK because you wanted to eliminate an opponent. You are lucky this man didn't make you pay for the draw, and are also somewhat lucky that your draw hit.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:28 AM

if you got c/r on 5th, you'd feel sick.

5th is questionable street. bet to get him to fold a low draw or check behidn looking for a free look?

with 3 spades on his boared and no dead spades and you catching bad. i think 5th is a check-behind unless you have some laser read on him going for strictly low.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:29 AM

what about 3rd street reraise?
Old 12-08-2006, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you got c/r on 5th, you'd feel sick.

with 3 spades on his boared and no dead spades and you catching bad. i think 5th is a check-behind unless you have some laser read on him going for strictly low.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree, logical raising hands here are 3 suited babies or a big pair, perhaps aces. Either way, you're behind. It looks like he only had a flush draw after the fact, but a bet is asking for a raise, and you won't know what his hand is. I think you should fold if he has the flush, although I didn't do the math here.

3rd street reraise is probably a bad idea for the same reasons, and the 3 may have a decent low hand or get confused and put you on a high hand. Don't reraise if you won't eliminate people.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:21 AM

3rd-6th appear to be 100% standard to me, I'd raise river, you've got the 2nd best possible low, so if he doesn't have an Ace with his low you scooby doo. You're getting scooped almost never since he can't have flush+better low and he has to have exactly A23 in the hole to win with AKJ.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:04 AM

3rd st. - bad idea to reraise, only because the low is pretty dead. I would bet 5th hoping to take it down and tossing my hand if raised, because of the dead cards. Hero showed aggresion on 4th, make a continuation bet: there's a good enough to chance you'll take it down to fire away.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3rd-6th appear to be 100% standard to me, I'd raise river, you've got the 2nd best possible low, so if he doesn't have an Ace with his low you scooby doo. You're getting scooped almost never since he can't have flush+better low and he has to have exactly A23 in the hole to win with AKJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I raise 7th here HU like 100% of the time with a very near board lock. If he missed his likely flush draw and is betting a backdoored an 87 low he will pay you and you may scoop with ace high.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I raise 7th here HU like 100% of the time with a very near board lock. If he missed his likely flush draw and is betting a backdoored an 87 low he will pay you and you may scoop with ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a nice bonus in this situation, because it makes it all the more unlikely to be scooped.