Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 07:48 PM

Default Just how lucky am I?

I had a crazy experience last night, I was definately pretty lucky, but I will let OOT be the judge on just HOW lucky I was. Here it is...

Its one of the younger guys 18th birthday, so we have to keep up with tradition and bring him to a strip club, buy him lapdances, get him on stage, etc... So after a good time we all leave taking two cars, my 02 grand am, and a friends truck. I'm driving...

So its 2AM, there's no traffic at all when low and behold we pull up to a red light next to each other. You know how it goes with us Young inns, 1 guy revs the engine and its on.

We're in a 3 lane road in the city with a little median in the middle before another 3 lanes... (if anybody is from philly, the road that show and tell is on going to 95). The light turns green and were off, I have it the pedal on the floor and my friend gets off to a slight lead. I don't lead up on the gas and am about 2 feet behind him.

Now down the road some Im going about 90-100mph and he's still just a little bit ahead of me when we run into a pretty sharp curve (for my speed). It was a right curve and I'm trying to handle the car around the curve and lose control and start spinning to the right...

The first lucky part was not hitting my friend who was to my right, I was skidding right toward him while spinning but somehow missed him. I continue on to do a COMPLETE 360 tires screetching and all and somehow end up strait on the way I was going before.

Now to recap, I'm in a 3 lane road, median in the middle, telephone polls to my right, wipe out on a right curve going 90-100mph, miss my friend who was to my right, do a complete 360 somehow staying on the road the whole time not even putting a scratch on my carm missing the median, telephone polls, and my friends truck.

There's also a kicker to the whole thing, after the whole wipe out I sat there in shock for a couple seconds when my friend in the car says pull over I'm getting out and thanking god RIGHT NOW, so I pull over right there and as I'm pulling over I see the dreaded cop lights coming towards us from the other side of the road. I decide to get out of the car and play the shocked/I learned my lesson role (which was pretty easy to play off at the time).

So the cop comes around the median and is heading strait towards us, I got out of the car as soon as we pulled over so I walk up to the cop and say in a shocked voice "DID YOU SEE THAT?" I continue to play the shocked scared omg im happy to be alive role... even told him we just pulled over to thank god were alive (thanks to my friend for that one) blah blah blah. He tells me the curve is nothing when YOUR NOT RACING SOMEBODY! He runs my license and says well you learned your lesson son im not going to get you on all this stuff you seemed to have learned your lesson, "buckle up and drive safe", then drives off.

So I somehow survived the whole thing which was lucky as hell in itself... then somehow didn't even get a ticket out of the whole thing. I probably could have gotten something for drag racing, wreckless driving, or wreckless endangerment?

Cliffnotes: I race a friend on a 3 lane road, wipe out on a curve going 90-100mph, miss my friends truck, the median to the left and telephone polls to the right. Then the cop who see's it all lets me go after I play the shocked/scared roll.

So Just how lucky am I?
Old 12-07-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Just how lucky am I?

You're not alive right now.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:05 PM

All fun and games till somebody dies.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:29 PM

Maybe I'm a bad person but whenever I read stuff like this I figure the world is probably better off without such people.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:30 PM

Next time do it on the Ben Franklin bridge so we don't have to hear about it...(except on the news)
Old 12-07-2006, 08:31 PM

You = luckbox SOB

The world != unlucky cause you are still here
Old 12-07-2006, 08:32 PM

so did you learn your lesson or not?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:36 PM

I can't be the only one to think this is pretty standard high school stuff. I can think of several people who have stories close to this one.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:38 PM

eventually, variance will catch up
Old 12-07-2006, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm a bad person but whenever I read stuff like this I figure the world is probably better off without such people.

[/ QUOTE ]

They usually don't go out alone though.