Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 07:35 PM

Default Live $10-$20 ------- How\'s my play?

I think I might have overplayed it, but it turned out okay, but not great..

I've been running over this table for a few hours now, and have about $800 in chips in front of me.

My image is probably that of an action player, a wild gambling man because I've been pumping up alot of pots on flush and open-enders.. .

Table is pretty predictable except for the player to my immediate right, a young kid that seems to know a thing or two about that game, and started talking to me about how good the 30-60 is on the other side [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'm in MP with 88

Folded to the young kid who opens

I 3 bet, older calling station calls immediately right behind me. everybody else folds, kid calls.

FLOP

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me I bet, older man calls right behind, young kid calls.

TURN makes the board

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Kid thinks for about 5 seconds and comes out firing (seems kinda bs'ish to me), I raise..lol..old man behind goes all in for exactly two bets.

Horrible?
Old 12-07-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Live $10-$20 ------- How\'s my play?

yes. horrible
Old 12-07-2006, 11:22 PM

Against a good player I would fold preflop. Turn is also a fold. The kid is not going to be betting anything too crazy into two people, one of which is likely going allin. He might have KJ but he'll have a lot more hands that have you drawing to 1 or 2 outs.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been running over this table for a few hours now, and have about $800 in chips in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.

You played the hand fine. The turn raise is good based on your read of the guys bet being bs.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a good player I would fold preflop. Turn is also a fold. The kid is not going to be betting anything too crazy into two people, one of which is likely going allin. He might have KJ but he'll have a lot more hands that have you drawing to 1 or 2 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more. Your beat here 8 out of 10 times. Find a better spot to try to push them off a hand.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes. horrible

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-13-2006, 05:08 AM

you fold 88 preflop?!!?!!!

i dunno if someone is a "good player" if they're only capable of raising 99+ preflop from up front..
Old 12-13-2006, 06:16 AM

Go back to the shorthanded forum.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:06 AM

Well, after the raise the young kid threw his hand away pretty quick.

The all in player had a flush draw, 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River card came K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] scooping me the pot

After the young kid told me he folded K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The hand turned out okay I guess but I'm still having trouble beating this game in general. For the year I'm averaging about $7 an hour at this limit.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, after the raise the young kid threw his hand away pretty quick.

The all in player had a flush draw, 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River card came K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] scooping me the pot

After the young kid told me he folded K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The hand turned out okay I guess but I'm still having trouble beating this game in general. For the year I'm averaging about $7 an hour at this limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to say it, because the $10-20 is usually super tight/nittish. But I have found that strict HEPFAP....I mean total TAG....is the way to beat this game. I'm really not sure why because a LAGGY player should be able to crush this game. Players seem to pay off a bit too much though. Several years ago, I beat the $10-20 at Commerce for $28 an hour over a significant amount of time playing strictly by the book. The only other player in the game I considered a good player was a full on LAG and was just getting killed. For whatever reason, players adjusted well to his play and called him down a whole bunch. So he really wasn't able to bluff and win pots, and like wise he did not get a ton of value when he made big hands because there was usually only one player calling him down.

Needless to say, I was playing very tight pf(and extremely aggressive postflop). Mucking pp lower than 1010 and face cards AQ and lower UTG were routine. Actually, the players were so predictable that I correctly mucked QQ preflop a couple of times. I think thats the only time I've ever mucked QQ preflop. Both times, the pf raiser had AA.

I'll probably get made fun of for posting the above, but thats really what got the money in that game.