Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 05:43 PM

Default AK blind battle against ZBTHorton

He's 20/17/3.5 and has been directly to my right raising my blinds a lot.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($714.25)
Hero ($273)
UTG ($134.25)
MP ($302.20)
Button ($207.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, SB calls $10.

Flop: ($28) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $24</font>, Hero calls $24.

Turn: ($76) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $235</font>

I don't know what to put him on when he bets that big on the turn on a dry board. I'm thinking he knows that I know he's raising light and I'm not going to let him keep stealing my blinds. Plus my aggression factor is 5+ so I thought a push might get called by a lone ace. Maybe that's wishful thinking on such a drawless board, anyway... what do you think?
Old 12-07-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: AK blind battle against ZBTHorton

I would just call in case he's bluffing and let him fire again. If you shove here you're letting him play perfectly against you.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:46 PM

wa/wb callcallcall
Old 12-07-2006, 05:48 PM

Hold up, I don't get your converter. Did ZBT just minraise ???? If so, wow, gotta be a misclick. If not, I still raise a lot more preflop. I dunno who you are/what your image is at stars, so the flop can go both ways. If you've been playing laggy at all, just raise and hope to get it all in. If you've been playing Tag/Weak, I don't really get why you'd want to raise this turn. Just call and call river. There are no draws to need to protect your hand with. So ZBT either has a set or air imo. Your letting him play pretty perfect, ie - he's probably not calling your push with AJ, but he might value bluff the river with it. Again, it has to do with your image to an extent, he's not folding AJ if your laggy etc.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wa/wb callcallcall

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Raising this turn looks like bad news to me unless you've managed to convince him you'll do this with air.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:14 PM

Jam the turn, he's got two pair and the way he's running you are sure to spike your king....