Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 03:38 PM

Default KQ turn fold?

43/30/2.67 39wsd obviously pretty agressive but he's not a maniac by any means.
57/11/1.27 and i don't remember his wsd%.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:46 PM

Default Re: KQ turn fold?

nh sir
Old 12-07-2006, 04:49 PM

SB appears to be in there on AK or JJ or 99 or possibly AJ. BB says he called the three-bet with ATs or JTs or T9s or(ugh) J9s. I suppose he could also be getting fancy with AA or KK or QQ or TT or 88. In any case, he says he's not worried about your pair of Qs. With this board, a lot of the hands with which he could have sensibly called the 3-bet are beating you. The fact that SB is still in there makes it even less likely you're up against a bluff. Even if you're ahead your opponents collectively are likely to have a lot of outs. You have only the two Q outs to a big hand. Yeah, I know some people like to get crazy on garbage when a pair hits on the turn. BB could also have QJ. The pot is large and you'll hate yourself if you fold the best hand. You're getting 11-2 or 6-1 to call down assuming SB doesn't raise. But I think this is a pretty good spot for a fold.
SK
Old 12-08-2006, 02:00 AM

I think you can fold this the way it played.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:26 AM

I don't think I'd fold this very often in practice -- especially since the checkraise is coming from such an aggressive player -- but it does look like we're in trouble, I'll admit.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'd fold this very often in practice

[/ QUOTE ]
u are throwing money away if u dont give tons of respect to protected pot c/rs. i might call down this one just because this guy is a huge retard but i will fold here without thinking against the vast majority of players
Old 12-08-2006, 09:13 AM

oh wait which one cred? i think i would fold vs both these guys anyway
Old 12-08-2006, 12:59 PM

the laggy guy was the sb and the 57 guy was the turn CRer...sorry for the lack of clarification.

sb called down and lost to villian's trips.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nh sir

[/ QUOTE ]

??? He hasn't shown the complete hand.

To be honest I would most likely call down. However I think that is maybe a leak and these are the kind of leaks I'm looking to fill. After reading the posts I agree this is a fold.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:38 PM

I would probably fold this, though it's one of those situations where I half expect to see BB showdown with something ridiculous like 99. I've had that happen to me in this spot so many times. But looking at this hand, I think it's a bit more clear cut that this is a fold, just by the way the action played out. BB, even if he is a donkey, is representing trips so well that calling a turn raise and a river bet here is -EV.