Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2006, 09:01 AM

Default Want a business idea?

It's definetly work, but I think it could be profitable.

Okay here we go,

There are thousands of books available with public domain. You can find these here (gutenberg). Search through and find books that you find interesting.

For this example lets use frankenstein. Frankenstein is public domain.

Get the pdf, record yourself reading it into an audio mp3 file. Make it interesting.

Create a squeeze (capture) page advertising that they can get a free frankenstein ebook if they give you their email. (Make it double opt in so they don't just give you a junk email.)

They sign up, give them their download link THROUGH email. (we're trying to build a list here) Don't make it just go straight to the download page after they click submit on the squeeze page. We want to make sure we get them on our list.

At the download page, you then make them an upgrade offer for maybe 5.99 or 9.99 for the audio mp3 file (you'd have to test this of course this is just off the top of my head).

If they take advantage of your upgrade then hell give them another upgrade of a membership site, or a package of audio books etc. There's quite a few backend product ideas you could use.

Oh about traffic. For this example frankenstein doesn't even have one adword advertisement up. Which means you could automatically get an ad up there for .05 per click.

I'm thinking that with the backend offers, list building (market all your new audio books to them, along with any other related products) I think you could definetly make a profit off .05 click.

You might have to do some negative targeting on your ads, but I definetly think it could work.

Cheers,

Josh