Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Looking for leaks, AK at party 1/2

First post, long time reader.

Mp2 and SB both new to table, unknown stats.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

After the flop peel, how do i play this turn? Plan was for bet/fold on an ace or king, as I feel my overcard outs may be tainted here and I'm guessing him for AQ or KQ.

I'm looking to clean up my game as much as possible, have been running bad for almost 7k now (though I play mostly 6 max). Thanks.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Looking for leaks, AK at party 1/2

At first blush, don't you think you have the right odds, with your implied odds, to draw to the nut straight? You're immediately getting 9.5-1 on a 10.5-1 draw. You can probably make up at least the one bet on the river, if not two. Even if you discount the jacks because of the flush draw (which doesn't have to be that much of a discount, given there are only two people in the pot) some of that discount is made up for by the possibility that (even though all of your overcards are not clean) some of your overcards will make you a winner. MP2 might be playing AQ, in which case your kings are clean outs. I think the combined strength of all your draws (but mostly the str8) gives you enough to make seeing the river +ev.

Anyone disagree?
Old 02-03-2006, 01:11 PM

Yeah, I like the turn call!
Old 02-03-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn call!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-03-2006, 01:42 PM

Definitely call the turn. Consider reading the small stakes shorthanded forum as well if you are playing mostly 6-max.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:49 PM

My question isn't quite as much whether I should have called the turn as what my action should be if I hit my pair on this turn I guess. Also, only getting 8.5-1 on this turn because of the rake.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:00 PM

Grunch:

I like the flop continuation bet, and I don't hate the flop call. We are behind here more times than not, but two overs and a backdoor flush and straight give us some outs getting 13:1 with nice implied odds. A lot of your outs may be dirty if we assume villain holds an A, K, or a couple of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s.

Check call the turn.

Check fold the river unimproved.