Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 02:50 AM

Default FU BCBSIL (rant)

I just received this email and am so pissed my employer doesnt have an alternative health care provider option because I would switch in a second. I find it insulting that a company tries to profit in the name of being 'charitable'. BCBSIL made $1.1 billion in 2005 and they are generously offering to give $65k to 4 charities to 'help' the uninsured? With their tax write-off, print and postage savings from this campaign they stand to profit even more! Shame on you BCBSIL!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear CUBSWIN,

We are pleased to announce the launch of the Shield the Children campaign on Blue Access® for Members. Shield the Children is an electronic campaign that supports a vital cause – care for the uninsured. Nearly 10 million American children have no health insurance.

Read Marisa's story at www.bcbsil.com/whoismarisa.

Between November 29, 2006 and March 1, 2007 for each of the first 65,000 members who opt to receive explanation of benefit statements (EOBs) online instead of by mail, BCBSIL will donate $1 to one of four nonprofit organizations that provide basic, necessary care to uninsured children and their families.

Here is how you can help:

1. Log in to Blue Access for Members at www.bcbsil.com
2. Go Paperless:
* Select the User Profile link located at the upper right section of the Blue Access for Members Home Page.
* Click on the User Preferences link.
* Find the Paper Statements option and check the box to choose to receive benefit statements via e-mail instead of U.S. Mail.

Thank you!