Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 11:50 PM

Default K3o in bb

Same tag as in previous hand (I have a slightly better read now, but can't share it), assume reasonable TAG.

He opens in SB, I call.

Flop: 7c4cKd
b/c

Turn: Ad
check, check

River: 9s
b/c

OK?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:52 PM

Default Re: K3o in bb

Against most people, I bet the turn, but against a reasonable TAG, I think I like your line better.

Maybe I shouldn't bet the turn against most people. I don't know.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:53 PM

why not raise the flop? he'll call down with all sorts of worse hands (assuming your raising range is pretty big, which it probably should be)
Old 12-07-2006, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not raise the flop? he'll call down with all sorts of worse hands (assuming your raising range is pretty big, which it probably should be)

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, calling on the flop with a wide range is also a reasonable strategy in this spot.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, calling on the flop with a wide range is also a reasonable strategy in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

true, you'll be raising lots AND calling lots. what factors would you consider here for a decision of raise v. call?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true, you'll be raising lots AND calling lots. what factors would you consider here for a decision of raise v. call?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I kind of wing it. But I do like calling with semi-reasonable (and better) hands and then making a decision on the turn, so I tend to do that a lot. (Often, in practice, this means I call three times postflop, but I'm more familiar with playing against LAGs than playing against TAGs.)

Or I used to. I haven't played since I cashed out just after the ban. But I plan to buy in again soon. I miss playing online poker.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I kind of wing it. But I do like calling with semi-reasonable (and better) and then making a decision on the turn, so I tend to do that a lot.

Or I used to. I haven't played since I cashed out just after the ban. But I plan to buy in again soon. I miss playing online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I stopped playing for a good 5 months. Just got back.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:13 AM

Villain's turn check is odd IMO. It seems like a perfect card to continue to bet, regardless of what he actuall has.

I like the way you played the hand.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:22 AM

I play the same. I'm plenty happy to check thru the turn and call a river bet.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:52 AM

I would play this the same. There isn't much harm in checking the turn through since the most scary card already came in on the turn. If you bet and he has an A you will get raised and if he doesn't he will probably fold. So checking is by far the best option. Catch his bluf/valuebet on the river, no need to raise it, that would be spew.