Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 09:46 PM

Default Lemon law

I'm looking for some info on California's lemon law as it relates to motorcycles.

Some background: I bought a new '06 Yamaha R6 a little over a month ago. After a couple days with my bike, they couldn't replicate the problem so I had to go there and ride it around for a few minutes to get the error code to pop up. Now that they can see the error code they decided it was the ECU, and after a couple of weeks called me to tell me it was ready to pick up. After I got there, and it's like 15 miles from my house, they tell me their new shipping/receiving girl sent my ECU back to UPS, so no bike for me. So I wait a few more days for the ECU to come back. Finally, after 19 days, I got my bike back. The new ECU didn't fix the problem though. So now they want me to bring the bike back for more testing. And since my only other mode of transport right now is my old bike that doesn't have working headlights, I would go back to pick it up once they figure out the real problem so I can ride it while they wait for the parts to come in. Then bring it back so they can fix it. Holy [censored], how many times do I need to go back and forth?

Anyways, the info I could find from the state AG site says that motorcycles are not considered new motor vehicles (though used cars with warranty remaining are new vehicles?), but under used vehicles it says there is some coverage for motorcycles but doesn't elaborate. Anybody know a thing or two about it?

I guess I shoulda went with a gixxer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2006, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Lemon law

Anybody know anything about it?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Lemon law

sorry bro... CA law only covers cars... Cycles are just to high risk.

However, I would definately call the manufacturer and complain like hell. Give them the VIN number and where you bought it.

Tell them it's been in the shope for a month.

They will probably have a specialty technician contact your dealership directly.