Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 07:36 AM

Default feeling self centered - losing social life?

First off, these things might be important: I'm a sophmore in college, play alot of poker, made around 150k so far this year, above avg. looking and I used to be a Very popular kid, i'm still somewhat popular and very well liked by the people i really get to know, but don't try at all anymore and am finding I care very little about my social life lately, and friendships might be getting a bit worse.

One reason may be that I am finding that I'm a very self-centered person, but I think most people are. I mean I just don't like doing things I don't want to do, whether it be homework, taking out the trash, studying, whatever. I think this is leading me to be less into my friends, and just try to improve myself by working out, getting better at poker, etc.
I also feel somewhat superiour to them, though it is hard to admitit. I feel like I am more mature, and have alot more going for me than almost all of my friends, and my social life is not nearly as important to me as it used to be. Therefore I have less friends, and less close friends than I used to, but I almost feel totally fine with that and am not sure that I should.

Is it really that important to go out and party every weekend in college- I do like once a week, but getting drunk on the weekends is not the highpoint of the week, although it seems to be with Every other kid in college.

Is this thinking wrong and has anyone else thought like this before?
Any advice? I think I wish I was more into my friends, but I dn how to be. honestly without poker I would prob be bored more often and want to hang out more, but i dn really.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:39 AM

Default Re: feeling self centered - losing social life?

[ QUOTE ]
First off, these things might be important: I'm a sophmore in college, play alot of poker, made around 150k so far this year, above avg. looking and I used to be a Very popular kid, i'm still somewhat popular and very well liked by the people i really get to know, but don't try at all anymore and am finding I care very little about my social life lately, and friendships might be getting a bit worse.

One reason may be that I am finding that I'm a very self-centered person, but I think most people are. I mean I just don't like doing things I don't want to do, whether it be homework, taking out the trash, studying, whatever. I think this is leading me to be less into my friends, and just try to improve myself by working out, getting better at poker, etc.
I also feel somewhat superiour to them, though it is hard to admitit. I feel like I am more mature, and have alot more going for me than almost all of my friends, and my social life is not nearly as important to me as it used to be. Therefore I have less friends, and less close friends than I used to, but I almost feel totally fine with that and am not sure that I should.

Is it really that important to go out and party every weekend in college- I do like once a week, but getting drunk on the weekends is not the highpoint of the week, although it seems to be with Every other kid in college.

Any advice? I think I wish I was more into my friends, but I dn how to be. honestly without poker I would prob be bored more often and want to hang out more, but i dn really.

[/ QUOTE ]

usually the opposite happens and you have more friends, are you sure you new sence of "maturity" isnt you acting like an [censored]?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:47 AM

Are you, or have you ever been kkf?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

usually the opposite happens and you have more friends, are you sure you new sence of "maturity" isnt you acting like an [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean im so self centered that i care about stocks, poker, myself, and stuff like that more, and my friends less, therefore hang out with them less, and care about going out less.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you, or have you ever been kkf?

[/ QUOTE ]

im his 5th acct. obv.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:32 AM

You are KKF, some other troll, or just a typical condescending douche. I hope this helped.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:36 AM

If this is a real post I feel really sorry for you. Stop caring what is 'normal' if you want to play poker, work out, or trade stocks then just freaking do it. You don't have to be a clone of every other college kid in the world. Just because you don't do what to do something that you dislike does not make you self-centered
Old 12-06-2006, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are KKF, some other troll, or just a typical condescending douche. I hope this helped.

[/ QUOTE ]

how am i a condescending douche? because i feel more mature than my friends?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is a real post I feel really sorry for you. Stop caring what is 'normal' if you want to play poker, work out, or trade stocks then just freaking do it. You don't have to be a clone of every other college kid in the world. Just because you don't do what to do something that you dislike does not make you self-centered

[/ QUOTE ]

this actually helped. and ur right, i dont care what every1 else thinks and i def. dont try to be a clone, what im saying is that Because I am not interested in some of the same things I am losing relationship with some of my friends and not finding that many new ones.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:05 PM

i am not really sure what you asking? i think you are saying that you no longer have the same interests as your friends, and are depressed because your social life is suffering because of it? the obvious answer is to try and make some new friends with the same interests as you.