Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 01:35 AM

Default JJ call this down?

No reads

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

After looking at the hand I probably should have folded the turn. I capped pf then he 3 bets me on a 1085 flop and leads the turn. I'm ahead of nothing here
Old 12-06-2006, 01:40 AM

Default Re: JJ call this down?

yeah....definetely fold the turn here...if you want to go to a show down without a bet on 5th you could have raised the turn, that would have stopped him cold without a 10 55 or 88...all of which are unlikely...then you could have seen the river for free.

I am thiniking AA-QQ....most likely AA or KK
Old 12-06-2006, 01:54 AM

Even though villain is unknown, I would fold the turn.

BTW, is the PS 5/10 really this bad? I think the last 10 Pokerstars posts that i've seen have consisted of an open raise and a blind call or 3bet...

Haupt_234
Old 12-06-2006, 05:37 AM

The way you played fold the turn.

I also don't like capping with JJ preflop

When three betted like this you make the most and lose the least by checking and calling down on all streets.

The exception being if an A or K is in the flop.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:31 AM

Also don't like capping JJ OOP, but it's ok. Just vary it once in a while. I often don't cap AKo and JJ/TT, so they still don't know whether I have a made hand or not.

Fold to the flop 3 bet. You don't get odds to improve, and you know he will bet the turn where you are going to fold. For table image it might be better to call it, so they won't push you around by 3 betting the cheap street. So calling is ok here.

Fold the turn then. You asked for info and you got it. If you're going to call down, you shouldn't have raised the flop. Just call, call and if he checks the river, bet.

I often see people "asking for information" and then still calling. They don't realize that this whole raising for information cost them just as much as an extra card and a showdown. For example compare this: bet, raise, 3bet. bet, call. bet, fold. That costs 5 SBs. This: bet, call. bet, call. bet, call. also costs 5 SBs where you get an extra card and a showdown.