Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 06:04 AM

Default Pokerstars mod for sale $10

I have been receiving a few PMs recently asking about the availability of the mod that I posted in dpr's thread a while back. I'm glad that some people are interested in getting it. The mod did take a lot of work and turned out pretty well and I feel that it is easily worth $10. I'm still tweaking it a little bit, but if you decide to buy a copy from me, I promise you any future additions free of charge (and optional of course). If you are interested in a copy, please transfer $10 to Chogs (location Scottsdale) on Pokerstars. Then send me a PM on 2+2 with an email address I can send the mod to. In the email, I will include simple instructions for exactly how to install the mod.

List of changes (I might forget one or two):
-Changed cards to simple, solid colors that are easier on the eyes.
-Changed card backs to bright yellow/black trim so it's easier to see how many people are still in the hand.
-Total pot indicator moved to the middle.
-Rake moved to top center of the table.
-Dealer button changed.
-"Leave table" and "view lobby" buttons in the top right removed.
-Call is now bright green.
-Bet and Raise are now bright red.
-The edging around the little circles have been removed so it's just the gray circles now.
-Empty seats are now easier to notice since I removed the rectangle box with name and stack from the empty seats.
-I also removed the "Seat Open" and "Empty Seat" texts from open seats.
-Layout button moved to the top left of the chat box.
-The line between the player's name and his stack amount is removed.
-Options button removed visually (Clicking where it used to be still brings up the options box and the area for that
button has been increased to the whole top middle area of the table for easier reloading).
-Table and background image modified slightly. "PokerStars" removed from the middle of the table.
-Chat/notes/stats/info tabs compressed.

Pics: (Click thumbnail then click on the picture once to display it in full resolution)

Old 12-05-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars mod for sale $10

hi rob,

are the seat open and other text mods still working after the most recent updates?
Old 12-05-2006, 02:39 PM

yes. so long as you run stars through a shortcut to Pokerstars.exe and NOT PokerstarsUpdate.exe the mod should work as intended.

in that other thread several people mentioned creating a .bat file in order to dodge updates but I'm not familiar with those. I think it's easy enough to just use a shortcut to pokerstars.exe and not have to worry about stars updates replacing some of the mod.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes. so long as you run stars through a shortcut to Pokerstars.exe and NOT PokerstarsUpdate.exe the mod should work as intended.

in that other thread several people mentioned creating a .bat file in order to dodge updates but I'm not familiar with those. I think it's easy enough to just use a shortcut to pokerstars.exe and not have to worry about stars updates replacing some of the mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, i understand how to bypass updates. I was just pointing out that anyone who has accepted an update in the last few days will find many of the above mention modifications obsolete. hopefully guys like you will figure out a way to stay ahead of the software and continue to pump out useful mods.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:49 PM

couldn't they just replace the updated pokerstars files with those of my mod? the images, .ini files etc would replace those changed in the update and allow the mod to function as normal wouldn't it?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
couldn't they just replace the updated pokerstars files with those of my mod? the images, .ini files etc would replace those changed in the update and allow the mod to function as normal wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortuantly no [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

At the least they would likely need an old pokerstars.exe, and whatever else has been updated since DpR thread - simply replacing gx.ini with an old one now causes lobby errors, and bet/raise/call/seat open etc are now drawn from a *.pff font file in Gx\Fonts rather than images in themename\actions folder [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Obviously there will probably be missing features and or security risks associated with using old client exe files.

I wouldn't expect PokerStars to even bother investigating a complaint of "account hacked" if it transpired you were using an exe obtained from an unofficial source and purposefully dodging updates.

I so hope theme making features are improved (at least restored to former capability) in the a future update.

dave.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:37 PM

This is probably a stupid question (I am new to the website, bare with me please) but will the StarsBetPot script work with this?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably a stupid question (I am new to the website, bare with me please) but will the StarsBetPot script work with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: confused between threads.

NO - this theme moves the pot size amount, so BetPot can work, but you would need to edit in the correct location of the pot size label. I don't have this theme myself, so maybe other things would cause problems also - call / raise button graphics, if they are changed from default, for example.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:03 AM

Hi,

that would be very useful to me. Is it easier to recognize empty seats with that mod (all tables in the pics are full)? Drives me crazy on the original stars theme.

Thanks much

John