Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 03:58 AM

Default Several potential \"Ask Me Anything About\" topics....

There are several topics I have considered doing an "Ask me anything about" thread but am undecided if there is even enough interest to do so with any of my topics.

Some of the topics I have considered are:

-- Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape (SERE) training - I have been through both the AF and Army primary courses (to include water survival) as well as more specialized ones for each brach.
-- Intelligence Operations - I have experience with this as an Active Duty Air Force 1N071 (with a special operations special experience identifier/shred-out). In addition I am also a certified targeteer and am foward air control/terminal air control certified.

There are more that I could throw out but I'll put these two out there first and if there is interest I'll start a thread and if not I can come up with a couple other ideas to talk about.

Originally I wasn't going to do this but feel like it could be a positive medium to convey information about often misunderstood military/govenment related subjects.

It is important to note that although it is an "Ask me anything" thread, I will not discuss anything classified (to include OPSEC and FOUO information).

So, just let me know if anyone wants to know about either of these.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Several potential \"Ask Me Anything About\" topics....

Any interesting stories to get us rolling?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 AM

I'm very interested.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, what I consider to be my best stories, have nothing to do with work other than the people I was with.

These are usually the anecdotes I tell at social get-togethers. For instance [Cliffs notes version] I was in Spain with several people and this guy ends up in a room with these czech girls even though his girlfriend was with us and she catches him coming out of the room trying to put on one of the girl's pair of pants. Needless to say, hillarity ensues with him trying to explain how nothing happened
Old 12-05-2006, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not very interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-05-2006, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

On which part? I can cover SERE or Intelligence Operations. I'll start a thread on it as soon as someone clarifies on what they would like to ask questions about.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, what I consider to be my best stories, have nothing to do with work other than the people I was with.

These are usually the anecdotes I tell at social get-togethers. For instance [Cliffs notes version] I was in Spain with several people and this guy ends up in a room with these czech girls even though his girlfriend was with us and she catches him coming out of the room trying to put on one of the girl's pair of pants. Needless to say, hillarity ensues with him trying to explain how nothing happened

[/ QUOTE ]
Where is the hilarity?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where is the hilarity?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'd have to go into the details more but I'm also realizing that stories of that nature are really much better when told inperson and their comedic value may not translate well through this kind of medium.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:05 AM

I just read wikipedia's article on SERE and it seemed really interesting.

My questions would be:
Why were you given the training? Were you likely to be near the front lines? Did you possess sensitive information? Were you level A, B, or C?
Without giving away any classified information, can you give a basic itinerary of the SERE training?
I'd be most interested in the "resistance and escape" phase. What was done to you? How well did you hold up? How are you advised to escape from captivity?
The US government is using the same techniques you were most likely subjected to in your training. Would you consider these to be torture?
How well have those who have actually been captured held up to interrogation?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just read wikipedia's article on SERE and it seemed really interesting.

My questions would be:
Why were you given the training? Were you likely to be near the front lines? Did you possess sensitive information? Were you level A, B, or C?
Without giving away any classified information, can you give a basic itinerary of the SERE training?
I'd be most interested in the "resistance and escape" phase. What was done to you? How well did you hold up? How are you advised to escape from captivity?
The US government is using the same techniques you were most likely subjected to in your training. Would you consider these to be torture?
How well have those who have actually been captured held up to interrogation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok now this I can answer, I'll start a thread up and transfer these questions to there.