Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 09:37 AM

Default the top of the big ten is so underated. those lines are way off.

wisconsin only giving 2 points and michigan GETTING 2 1/2.
that is sick. wisconsin should be favored by 7 and michigan should be favored 4.

the top 3 teams in the big ten combined for 2 losses. how many more unranked teams does usc have to lose to before people figure out lienhart and bush are playing on sundays this year? it is a joke they are still ranked 5th in the bcs poll. i guess #3 vs #5 is better for tv ratings than #3 vs #10.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Re: the top of the big ten is so underated. those lines are way off.

I'm not sold on Wis being 7 points over Ark but they did great last year vs Auburn in the same bowl game. I have to agree on Mich though but the game is in the Rose Bowl where USC just played last week. Basically it's a home game for USC. If you like the lines so much bet on them already!

edit--oof misread the spreads. I like Wis better though. I'd probably wait and pray the lines move to 3.5.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:16 AM

the line will move toward Arkansas....SEC donks will pollute this one..i'm waiting and then jumping ALL over wisconsin
Old 12-04-2006, 11:14 AM

Arkansas is going to destroy Wisconsin. Auburn got fat over XMas last year listening to how they were the best team in the SEC and would be top 5 preseason the next year. Li'l ole 18th (or whatever) ranked Wisconsin snuck up on them. Arkansas will not be overlooking a vastly overrated 11-1 top 5 Wisconsin team.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sold on Wis being 7 points over Ark but they did great last year vs Auburn in the same bowl game. I have to agree on Mich though but the game is in the Rose Bowl where USC just played last week. Basically it's a home game for USC. If you like the lines so much bet on them already!

edit--oof misread the spreads. I like Wis better though. I'd probably wait and pray the lines move to 3.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

it won't seem like a home game for usc. usc fans will be bitter they are not in the championship game and michigan fans will travel because why not spend xmas vacation in california if you live in michigan. the same thing happened both times wisconsin played ucla in the rose bowl. way more wisconsin fans in attendance than ucla fans. ucla was double digit favorite in both those games and not only did wisconsin cover but they won both games. one of those years was a similar scenario where ucla was suppose to go to the national championship game but they lost the last game of the year. so they weren't exactly excited to play in the rosebowl.

also, michigan and usc will both be pissed about not playing in the championship game. however, there is a big difference mentally. usc is coming off of a horrible loss and they have no one to blame but themselves. michigan feels they got screwed. moving down in the polls 2 weeks in a row without even playing. they will be out to prove something.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:37 AM

I love Arkansas all day long at the current line.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:38 AM

I am absolutely amazed that Wisconsin is giving points in this game.

The best team they've beaten is a meh PSU team, and they had to take out Paterno to do it.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The best team they've beaten is a meh PSU team, and they had to take out Paterno to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

beating purdue 24-3 on the road isn't too bad. their only loss was to michigan on the road in the first conference game of the year. with a first year head coach and freshman running back. they have improved as much as anyone since september. the only close game they had all year was on the road against iowa with a backup quarterback who was playing in his first game of his career.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:19 PM

I am from Wisconsin and I have watched every game. I still think Arkansas has too many explosive athletes in this one. Arkansas WINS on the field.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:34 PM

Did Wisconsin play a game I didn't know about where they actually beat someone?