Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Bodog Sharp Lines ?

So I go to Bodog and click on the bet I want and then I am requested to log in. When I log in there is an icon stating that the line changed. This has happened like 3 times in the past week, and every time it's an unfavorable line change.

Am I now flagged to get the sharp lines?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Bodog Sharp Lines ?

It's possible...They have been known to deal multiple lines.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I go to Bodog and click on the bet I want and then I am requested to log in. When I log in there is an icon stating that the line changed. This has happened like 3 times in the past week, and every time it's an unfavorable line change.

Am I now flagged to get the sharp lines?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is dogs you are betting it is very likely, so use another book to play dogs and use the favorable fave line when needed.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:53 AM

There's two different things Bodog does. The first is that they deal multiple sets of lines. They store a cookie in your web browser so that you'll see your personal set of lines even when you're not logged in, so to see the public aka square lines, you need to either delete the cookie or use a different browser.

The second thing Bodog does is put certain accounts on a delay so they can move the line unfavorably if they don't want action on the bet you're trying to make. They do this to me all the time on props. I see a line I like, hit refresh to make sure it's current, and when I submit the bet, they say "Sorry the line has expired, would you like to reconfirm at the new line" and the new line is ALWAYS worse, usually 5 or 10c worse.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:55 AM

For the most part, Bodog never even offers a favorable line on the favorite. They offer a lously line on the dog and the favorite line is usually just the same -105 line you can get at any reduced juice shop, and usually Pinnacle or one of the exchanges has a better line.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:33 PM

Typical Bodog! I had been using Bodog for sportsbetting since 1999 or so until a couple months ago when I deposited at Pinny- I haven't looked back since.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:51 PM

i've recently been making a killing on parlay's at bodog. up almost 3k in the past week from it. So i was wondering, if move my action to pinny, are the parlay payouts even better than bodog or are they the same for every site? for instance for a 3 team parlay in ncaab, for 100 bucks down you get 600 dollars return plus the 100... thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 03:04 AM

WSEX is paying true odds on parlays. I believe some others are too.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's two different things Bodog does. The first is that they deal multiple sets of lines. They store a cookie in your web browser so that you'll see your personal set of lines even when you're not logged in, so to see the public aka square lines, you need to either delete the cookie or use a different browser.

The second thing Bodog does is put certain accounts on a delay so they can move the line unfavorably if they don't want action on the bet you're trying to make. They do this to me all the time on props. I see a line I like, hit refresh to make sure it's current, and when I submit the bet, they say "Sorry the line has expired, would you like to reconfirm at the new line" and the new line is ALWAYS worse, usually 5 or 10c worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I changed computers AND deleted my cookies. Lines are still different.

I realized they had changed my lines because when my friend and I logged on our separate accounts our lines were different. The football lines available to me were half a point off on some games (esp. those that were wongable). WTF. what other options do I have?

Also, what makes this especially sad is the amount I bet per game. I left ~1k online after the legislation just to bet sports for fun. I mostly wager $5-15 sometimes $20 on a game. My biggest wager was $60, and now they're f'ing with my lines. This is the stupidest thing I've seen in a while..
Old 12-08-2006, 03:29 AM

dude, you should probably just settle down. i personally don't know ANYONE who gets the square lines. i think bodog will give you sharp lines after just one or two bets often times. bodog still puts up lines that are errant for sharps.