Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Get watch fixed?
Yes 3 20.00%
No 12 80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Full Tilt Poker Rakeback switch Petition! (Poll)

If you are NOT PLAYING at Full Tilt because you have an account that does NOT RECEIVE RAKEBACK,

and would BEGIN PLAYING at Full Tilt if they were to allow you to RECEIVE RAKEBACK on your account,

please fill in the poll appropiately.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Poker Rakeback switch Petition! (Poll)

hate to burst ur bubble...but ur petition won't do any good, especially since FTP offered a switch a little more than a month ago...
Old 12-02-2006, 09:47 PM

FTP is losing a ton of business from this decision. they can always change their policy.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FTP is losing a ton of business from this decision. they can always change their policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the ton of $$$ they would lose (again) by giving RB to those that already play there?

When Party busted (so to speak) it was a race against Stars to get as many of the multitablers as possible. That ship's sailed now, why should they change their policy if it costs them money?
Old 12-02-2006, 10:02 PM

because it is business that they losing. we are talking about people that have switched to other sites for RB.

if there are people that are playing at FT w/o RB, my guess is that they are leisure players that do not know about RB or don't play enough to care. they would probably not even know if they were allowed to switch over if the opportunity arose.

also, FT can put an advertising ban on such practices as recruiting current non RB players to switching over. if anyone were caught advertising they could drop them as affiliates.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:12 PM

Don't you think they probably figured out if it was profitable for them to do so? Obviously it wasn't as they only did it because they had to get a piece of the Party cake and even then, showed that they were not happy about it.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:41 AM

Rakeback is an agreement between Affiliate and player NOT FT and player..What you are asking is FT breach a contract they have with the affiliate that signed up with FT...Your real beef should be with your affiliate not FT..
Old 12-03-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think they probably figured out if it was profitable for them to do so? Obviously it wasn't as they only did it because they had to get a piece of the Party cake and even then, showed that they were not happy about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody knows what they have and haven't figured out b/c they never gave any explanations for their decision.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rakeback is an agreement between Affiliate and player NOT FT and player..What you are asking is FT breach a contract they have with the affiliate that signed up with FT...Your real beef should be with your affiliate not FT..

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the terms of the affiliate contract?

i doubt there is anything in there that binds them to it for the rest of eternity.

the thing is, people that first get into online poker don't know about things like RB and sign up without it whether directly or through a banner.

if the beginners are successful and stay, they are the ones the poker sites are making the most money off of. we learn how much more we can be making with it, and are now requesting it.

they can either let us switch over to an RB affiliate or we can play somewhere else. they are losing business over this, plain and simple.

i generate over 3K a month spread out over stars and UB. how is losing my business benefitting them?
Old 12-03-2006, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the terms of the affiliate contract?

i doubt there is anything in there that binds them to it for the rest of eternity.

the thing is, people that first get into online poker don't know about things like RB and sign up without it whether directly or through a banner.

if the beginners are successful and stay, they are the ones the poker sites are making the most money off of. we learn how much more we can be making with it, and are now requesting it.

they can either let us switch over to an RB affiliate or we can play somewhere else. they are losing business over this, plain and simple.

i generate over 3K a month spread out over stars and UB. how is losing my business benefitting them?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing the point!!!I will say now that I am not in any way an affiliate..

You signed up with FT with or without the help of an affiliate..That is your mistake and loss..I made the same(and many others) when I first signed up at Party and it suked and cost me a ton of money..But as the saying goes "ignorance of the Law is no defense"..

Now you learn about RB and decide you want it and you EXPECT FT to breach there agreement with the affiliate that brought you to them..No I do not know what the language in the agreement is but I am sure it includes something to the fact that once you sign up with an affiliate you are that affiliate client/customer/player for as long as you play at FT..

While there is no doubt in the short run(very short run)it may cost FT some business by not allow players like you to switch to a RB affiliate..Do you think your 3K in rake amount to anything when compared to the relationship FT has with an affiliate like Card Player or others..