Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 04:48 PM

Default K6o in BB, table starting to fill up. Stars 1/2

Haven't posted in awhile a hand in awhile, but wondering what people think.

This table just opened, 3 handed and people are starting to sit down. This is the second hand. On the previous hand the button(then the sb) limped two random cards in the small blind and Check called to the river after flopping 2nd pair on a 763 flop, only to lose to the BB's pocket threes. The SB in this hand seems to be LAGish over a previously recorded small sample.

I've posted this in the full ring and not short handed forum due to the fact this is a full table that it just starting short handed, and wondering if this changes anything.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises[/color

I'd had planned on folding the turn UI after being raised on the flop.
I'm mostly wondering about the river.

edit: Deleted river action to get more varied responses.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:16 PM

Default Re: K6o in BB, table starting to fill up. Stars 1/2

This is shorthanded but that doesn't change the play. Betting flop is good, c/ring turn is good, I think I 3bang on the river, the only hands you can be really scared of are Q6 and J6 (probably would have raised 77-QQ on button). Good chance he has QJ and doesn't believe you have the 6. I think he would have 3-bet the turn if he already had the boat so J6 is the only real possibility and you can't just shrink in the face of aggression with your hand 3 handed.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:50 PM

3 bet, that J helped him, its not the straight (as in, there is none), it must be two pair, ie. QJ. And if he caps you call.

And if he shows JJ you puke and move on [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-02-2006, 10:16 PM

3bet, he has QJ
Old 12-03-2006, 02:46 AM

My first instinct was to just call, luckily I thought about it a second before I did. I just couldn't imagine him for anything other than QJ or a bluff. No straights, no flushes, and I seriously doubt he'd only call the turn with anything better than 3 sixes, and therefore the turn couldn't have beaten me(unless he had JJ which can certainly be heavily discounted).

I did indeed 3-bet and he folded. wtf?

I've been actually trying to think (gasp!) about my responses before I make a decision. Thanks for confirming my reasoning.