Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 01:20 PM

Default I\'m getting the right odds to draw out here, yes?

Just wondering what your thoughts are here

Live $8-$16 game, the best words to describe the game are passive predicatable.

I'm in LP 2 off button with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

3 callers to me and I limp

The button who is TAGish at times, but very predictable also limps in.

SB raises (Older lady who I've seen raise many times with any two high suited or unsuited cards, after flop she is very predictable and loves to chase.

BB calls.

We take the flop 7 handed $112 pot - 4 for drop

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB (OG RAISER) Checks ---- I've played with her many times to know this means she missed completely, and I'm 98% sure she does not have a high pocket. AK? AJ? KQ?

It's checked all the way around.

Turn makes the board

4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, and it's folded around to me.....

I think about raising as a steal but I'm thinking the chances of her folding on that type of flop is pretty minimal, and to add earlier in the session she caught me bluffing with 5high LOL.

So is this just a matter of me wanting to gamble to catch a 7 or a 9? I'm getting 7-1 odds on my money, and the chances of me making my hand are around that.

The button still needs to act but I'm really not worried about him because my read on him when he checked the flop is that he also missed completely, (I've played with him for over 30 hours over the past few months) and if he ends up calling he has ace-high.

So is my line of thinking wrong her for wanting to call and suck out?
Old 12-02-2006, 03:36 PM

Default Re: I\'m getting the right odds to draw out here, yes?

I just fold, too likely to get there and still lose. You're just marginally getting the right price to call if you'll win 100% of the time you get there. Bad gamble imo.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 AM

you cant count the remaining sevens and nines as full outs because you maybe drawing dead,also,fear of a raise from player still to act, you must adjust your pot odds. clear fold IMO.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:10 PM

Even though you do not fear button he could partly have the same outs as you but may have a higher kicker. If you catch a 7 you will loose to A7 down to 107. And likewise with your 9. Button could also have 77 or 99.
So when you are in this boarderline decision these factors makes the fold correct I guess.