Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 11:39 PM

Default Trips hits a flush draw

Let me know what you think about this one. This guy was a stealer but he wasn't a completely crazy one. I tagged him as LsAG. He was also a blind stealer.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($13.60)
Hero ($6.55)
CO ($5.55)
Button ($4.35)
SB ($2)
BB ($6)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.6</font>, Hero calls $0.60, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $0.55, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.40) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.1</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $1.10, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.4</font>, BB calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($6.60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

River: ($10.60) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $10.60
Old 12-02-2006, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Trips hits a flush draw

Reload to full stack. The call pf is marginal, yes it is less than 10% but you are not garantied to see a flop. The call on the flop is really bad. If for some reason you still have the best hand after a bet and a raise (doubtfull), the villains between them has a gazillion outs. Your fd is worth absolutely 0 with 2 villains. Then you go ahead and fold when you hit your miracle card and are actually ahead of the majority of villains range. How can you call with absolutely nothing on the flop and fold a monster on the turn?
Old 12-02-2006, 03:36 AM

So much action on the flop and the preflop raiser folds - you hope no one has a ten with this call? Cause you're not bluffing anyone out with it. Or hoping for a flush with your eight? Both bad IMO, fold this flop by me.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:42 AM

after the flop, it looks like you made nothing but bad decisions. Next time, do the opposite of everything you did.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:50 AM

Reload preflop, and the title should be flushdraw hits set on turn. I think you did everything wrong postflop. Flop is an easy fold and turn an easy call.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:37 PM

Ok, PF I made the call (which I agree was loose) to see the flop and maybe hit my set. I hadn't played many hands so I was feeling froggy. After the flop, I had top pair assuming no one had a T and I also had a flush draw and I also could still make that set. I figured I could bluff having pocket diamonds and maybe win it...especially if another diamond hit. I called the first raise with this thinking. I called the second b/c I was already pot committed and it was only another 30 cents to see the turn with good pot odds. I was hoping to get my flush. When the 8 hit that gave me the set but he spooked me into thinking he had pocket diamonds or TT. So I folded finally. In the end, he only had one diamond and was bluffing. You guys are right though, I should have folded to the first raise from UTG b/c I had no reason to think he was bluffing.

Edit: Oh I remember why I called the pf raise...been a couple of days. The LsAG had been raising PF .45 every hand. So the BB, who actually had a hand, beat him to it with .60 to scare him off. So that pretty much made it .60 to see the flop with any kind of hand.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reload preflop, and the title should be flushdraw hits set on turn. I think you did everything wrong postflop. Flop is an easy fold and turn an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]What do you mean by reload?
Old 12-04-2006, 02:50 PM

Reload means rebuy to the table max.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:23 PM

Yeah, but what do you hope to achieve? Not let the UTG put pressure on you b/c he has the big stack?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:35 PM

I suggest you watch the free video at cardrunners.com to get a good answer to that question.