Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 09:12 PM

Default 50nl 6max JJ getting raised into hard pre

normally this is a no-brainer fold, but in my short session with villain he has reraised me light on 2 other occasions pre, both with him OOP post flop. both times pre i had AKo:

1st time, AKo, called 4$ reraise from 2.5$ pre whiffed king, he leads for 10$, i fold.
2nd time, AKo, called 4$ reraise from 2.5$ pre hit a king, called the 10$ on the flop, he checked, i pushed, he folded.

Now the hand:

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($87.65)
Button ($25.40)
SB ($50.80)
BB ($10.70)
UTG ($53.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, Button calls $2.50, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $87.65</font>, Button folds, SB ?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:47 PM

Default Re: 50nl 6max JJ getting raised into hard pre

The hh is messed up I think.
Or do you want us to predict what SB will do?

The hand as it is:
I call SB's reraise.
You will have position after the flop.
Play some poker.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:52 PM

So you plan on calling $12.5 and then what? Folding any time an A or K hits and getting it in when it doesn't?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:53 PM

i think this is fold/push

hmm a reraise to $15 is a huge bet considering his stack is $50. if he has AA-QQ u are not getting implied odds to call.

if u push u are basically putting him on AK
Old 12-01-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you plan on calling $12.5 and then what? Folding any time an A or K hits and getting it in when it doesn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might get it in no matter what.
Villain seems to be 3betting light.
(we're not really sure, but for arguments sake lets say he does)
This does not mean he calls allin light.
If he is a bluffing lagtard he will surely bet out on the flop no matter what.
With a wide range of hands.
That we are ahead of.
See what I'm getting at?
Old 12-01-2006, 10:33 PM

I just think it's odd he has reraised to $6.50 each time before this, but now he pushes the envelope to $15.

You have to have some VPIP/PFR #'s from Poker Tracker, do you have those?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just think it's odd he has reraised to $6.50 each time before this, but now he pushes the envelope to $15.

You have to have some VPIP/PFR #'s from Poker Tracker, do you have those?

[/ QUOTE ]

23/11/3/56
Old 12-02-2006, 04:27 AM

Maybe he has a medium pocket pair and is trying to isolate with a bigger raise. I'm guessing he folded.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:13 AM

This seems like mostly a psychological problem to me. In your previous raising wars, you haven't seen his hand and he hasn't seen yours.

As Apaugust says, he probably has a medium pocket pair, or maybe a big suited ace. It seems to me that he makes this raise because he now has a hand that is somewhat vulnerable and wants to cut further down on your implied odds. If he had KK or AA, I believe he would make the same move that he has made previously (raise to $6.50) since it would be so well disguised by his earlier actions.

Given that I think you have him crushed most of the time, I would put in a smaller, but definitely commital raise. Something like $40 straight, which is the same thing as asking for his stack, but probably encourages him to underestimate your hand and push more frequently. If you ran into a bigger hand, that sux, but I believe it to be unlikely since it feels like 77-99 at best.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like mostly a psychological problem to me. In your previous raising wars, you haven't seen his hand and he hasn't seen yours.

As Apaugust says, he probably has a medium pocket pair, or maybe a big suited ace. It seems to me that he makes this raise because he now has a hand that is somewhat vulnerable and wants to cut further down on your implied odds. If he had KK or AA, I believe he would make the same move that he has made previously (raise to $6.50) since it would be so well disguised by his earlier actions.

Given that I think you have him crushed most of the time, I would put in a smaller, but definitely commital raise. Something like $40 straight, which is the same thing as asking for his stack, but probably encourages him to underestimate your hand and push more frequently. If you ran into a bigger hand, that sux, but I believe it to be unlikely since it feels like 77-99 at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree with 40$ reraise only because 22% of my stack in dead money is in the middle right now, and although that money isn't technically "dead" it's worth it for me to just either take it down right here or get it in.

i do feel correct in putting him on 88-TT, AQo+, AKo+, and i don't see KK+ doing this. maybe QQ does this if he puts me on AK and doesn't really wanna see a flop.

the results are actually funny if u wanna run the poker stove numbers,

<font color="white">
villain has Ah Ad

board:

8d 4s Td Jd 4d