Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 04:39 PM

Default I just realized I colluded yesterday

Long story:

My girlfriend likes to play poker occassionally for fun. I used to let her play on my account but stopped after she lost over $9K in about 2 hours playing 30/60 and 100/200.

So I forced her to set up her own account and I would just transfer her small amounts of cash to play the micro/small limits.

(It's kinda funny watching her play those limits. She plays about 95% of her hands, and the number of bets pre-flop doesn't matter if she has a hand she wants to play. On the BUTTON with Q3s? What, raised, reraised, and capped? CALL!

And post-flop, if she has an ace and there's an ace on the board, that hand is getting capped on every street, if she can find someone to raise her back!)

So anyways, she convinced me to play a small buy-in sit n go with her and we're playing independently, though at the same table. The game is omaha and we both missed our draws but a straight looks possible on the river. So we both say, 'yeah, I missed, I got nothing.' Then she comes up with this bright idea, 'bet, so I can raise.' So I bet, she raised and the other guy folded.

Never gave it another thought since I was playing in other games at the same time, until now.

Not really confessing here, since it was tiny stakes (something like $10 buyin or something) so it doesn't really matter. But it made me realize that this is probably the first time I've ever cheated at poker.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:43 PM

Default Re: I just realized I colluded yesterday

Yeah, if you read the sites T&C it says its ok if its only a $10 SNG or less. So you are ok.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:44 PM

whats you and your gf screen names?
Old 12-01-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend likes....fun....

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread is 100% worthless without pics.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:56 PM

Fortunately I have a $10M bankroll, so its OK for me to collude at 100/200. Whats your screen name? Me and my 3 other accounts would love to play you.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to let her play on my account but stopped after she lost over $9K in about 2 hours playing 30/60 and 100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]And you were seriously ok with this? No matter how much money I had, I would be shocked that my girlfriend woud even have the nerve to risk so much of my money!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to let her play on my account but stopped after she lost over $9K in about 2 hours playing 30/60 and 100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]And you were seriously ok with this? No matter how much money I had, I would be shocked that my girlfriend woud even have the nerve to risk so much of my money!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you beat that biatch with a bat after that happen.

-Brendan
Old 12-01-2006, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever she plays that big, I'm usually watching her and she plays more reasonably. And I advice her on the more difficult situations (though she doesn't always listen).

But this one time, I was tired and decided to take a nap. And two hours later, she comes down and says 'I lost a lot of money.' I had been running good at that time, so I just chalked it up to, 'well, knew I was due for a loss.'

And realistically, to lose $7k at 30/60 and $2k at 100/200 in two hours playing no more than two tables is mostly attributible to bad luck. I don't think her mediocre play has that big a negative expectation. (She doesn't play those stakes as badly as she does .50/$1.)
Old 12-01-2006, 05:20 PM

this should be in BBV, then you dont have to disguise your brag threads, you [censored] cheater

<font color="white">im kidding....mostly *grin* </font>
Old 12-01-2006, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if you read the sites T&amp;C it says its ok if its only a $10 SNG or less. So you are ok.

[/ QUOTE ]Very interesting concept,making a brag post about how you cheat.