Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 07:47 AM

Default 200NL-6m | Overpair in r/r pot, probably against one of you

Villain is 18/14/3 or so ... haven't tangled much. Are these spots really too read dependent?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($217.70)
BB ($195.85)
UTG ($72.90)
MP ($523.50)
CO ($200)
Button ($150.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $28</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $20.

Flop: ($58) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $41</font>, MP calls $41.

Turn: ($140) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:53 AM

Default Re: 200NL-6m | Overpair in r/r pot, probably against one of you

I don't think he's going anywhere, so I'd slow down on the turn and call down smallish bets. OOP you really want to take down the pot, so bet more on the flop, you need to pot it.

Once he calls the flop you're probably behind. Either he flopped a set and lets you hang yourself, or he's got a bigger PP. really AK and 1010 is all you can hope for. (none of which are very likely)
Old 11-30-2006, 08:16 AM

Default Re: 200NL-6m | Overpair in r/r pot, probably against one of you

I think the flop bet is fine. It's not a drawy board and you don't need to make a habit of making pot sized c-bets in reraised pots.

I would definitely check here. It is probably going to be checked back to you. Sets can wait for the river on this board and hopefully extract more from you if you have air and stack you anyway if you have an overpair.

If he does bet, c/r AI or c/f, it's hard to say. I think you need more reads to say definitively whether c/f or c/r is better. You can't c/c because if he has some random draw, he will call AI because any bet commits him, but he won't call a river push or bet the river himself unless he hits.

Just making a ridiculous extrapolation, but I would guess c/f is better because I don't think you ever see 18/14's floating the flop in reraised pots or betting the turn without a hand that has you beat. Just a guess though.