Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 01:12 AM

Default New to PLO- line check

First time playing PLO tonight . . .

No reads on villian . . .

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($104.70)
Button ($120.15)
SB ($76)
BB ($135.90)
UTG ($33.70)
UTG+1 ($99.25)
MP1 ($93)
MP2 ($160.55)
Hero ($197.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $3.50, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($14) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $13.3</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $53.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $100.2</font>, Hero calls $47.

Any input appreciated.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Re: New to PLO- line check

If your new to PLO i suggest you move down in limits to .25/.50 PLO. Im mew myself and ill let others chime in but ill give my 2 cents here, there are many hands that can beat you such as a better set and flush draws. I would of folded this hand on the re-raise preflop.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:13 AM

you were at a couple of my tables tonight

you played solid (though I never had you on my right, so I didn't get the full picture)

I don't hate this line call may have been preferable
Old 11-30-2006, 02:15 AM

Yeah, PF is probably a fold- I realized that. What about the flop?

Also, my bankroll can easily handle these stakes.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you were at a couple of my tables tonight

you played solid (though I never had you on my right, so I didn't get the full picture)

I don't hate this line call may have been preferable

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to hear. TY!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If your new to PLO i suggest you move down in limits to .25/.50 PLO. Im mew myself and ill let others chime in but ill give my 2 cents here, there are many hands that can beat you such as a better set and flush draws. I would of folded this hand on the re-raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, .25-.50 PLO is some weird game that bears no relationship to pot limit omaha.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, .25-.50 PLO is some weird game that bears no relationship to pot limit omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 11-30-2006, 08:01 AM

Tough spot, the easy answer is to fold pre-flop but I think this is a hand that can be played profitably, not all flops that you hit will be this nasty. The problem you have on the flop is that your opponents bet does very little to define his hand, to define it you have to make a raise which essentially commits the rest of your chips to the pot, however just calling isnt much better as most of your outs are as dirty as they come and you are vunerable to redraws, if you improve and get called you cant be that happy about it.

I think a case can be made for just calling the flop bet and re-evaluating on the turn depending on the action, but in the heat of the moment I'd probably play it the way you did.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hijack, but it's interesting that you said this. I've been beating up the $10 PLO 6-max games on FT and moved up to $25's this week. It was extraordinary how different the game was. I found myself down 4 buy-ins in an hour. Any recommendations on adjustments to these "wierd" games, or should I just skip to $100's (assuming I can add money to my bankroll from other sources)?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:55 PM

ok, i'll say it: Fold the flop.