Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 09:41 PM

Default will we continue with 60%+ at prima?? or not, WTF

ok so i recieved an email saying
"Rakeback for existing customers will be capped at 30% independent of existing deals" this is for all prima skins

i contacted an operator at red nines and she told me this was only for the RAF program and I shouldt be afected with my original deal, greaaat!, then i contacted support at rakerebate.net and they told me everyone will get 30% max, nothing they can do.
which's the truth from now on???????
Old 11-29-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Re: will we continue with 60%+ at prima?? or not, WTF

sounds like your site may be skimming off the top, but claiming they are getting shafted
Old 11-30-2006, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so i recieved an email saying
"Rakeback for existing customers will be capped at 30% independent of existing deals" this is for all prima skins

i contacted an operator at red nines and she told me this was only for the RAF program and I shouldt be afected with my original deal, greaaat!, then i contacted support at rakerebate.net and they told me everyone will get 30% max, nothing they can do.
which's the truth from now on???????

[/ QUOTE ]As of 2/07 the max you can get is 30%. If your getting more than that, it will be reduced to 30%. beginning next month, not sure of exact date, affiliates can no longer advertise rb at any microgaming site. 30% will be avail., but you have to ask for it.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:47 PM

i have been hearing for quite a while that prima was going to be doing a major shift concerning rakeback.

if you consider that many of us pay thousands per month in rake at the site, it seems a bit too much to me! Sites should be putting money away for a rainy day right now, but not that big a change. they need to be doing something to prepare for any reduction in their player base if the USA really cracks down on offshore sites.

however, the sites are still willing to pay a skin up to 80% of the rake...what is to stop players from buying a skin? there is already a site that does something turnkey for people...it is crucial that poker players who play a lot get involved at the ground floor with a members' only type of network.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:55 PM

Does this mean that no one, neither those "refered by a friend" nor those getting RB through an affiliate, will have above 30%?

Right now I have 49% on Battlefield and I'm unsure if I should try to find a better deal. Feels a bit pointless to bother if it will be capped at 30% in a month or so. Is there any accurate information available about when this change will take place? If it is in two months+ it could still be worth getting 10%+ extra for the time being.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A 30% cap on RakeBack across the whole MGS poker network will be in place starting 28 November 2006.
No advertising of RakeBack will be permitted by any MGS poker room or any of its affiliates by any method or means including (but not limited to) IM, email, phone, forums, blogs, etc.
Rakeback can only be offered to a player by you, once that player has deposited real money at your poker room.
By 1st February 2007 the maximum amount of RakeBack to any player on the MGS network will be 30%. Therefore those players currently with more than 30% will have to be reduced to 30% between 28 November 2006 and 1st February 2007
Effectively, this means that as of the 28th of November no advertising of Rakeback can occur on your sites. If you are communicating to a player, the RakeBack promotion can only be mentioned or offered once the player has actually deposited funds. After the 28th of November all players who sign up will only be able to get a maximum of 30% RakeBack, but players who are already signed up can remain on their RakeBack percentage until 1st of February 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this in another poker forum. Haven't seen dates this exact before, so I thought I'd share.