Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Ethics and bad players

I mostly play 3-6 and 5-10 HE. I run into a lot of instances where players are selectively showing their cards to their neighbors, talking about their folded hands while a hand is in play, or doing things such as reading the board (even when it is obvious).

Most of the dealers do nothing to tell them to stop. When other players tell them to do so, it makes them sound like the "table police" and gives them the image of being tight and too serious (which is also my problem).

The fact of the matter is that these players are often so bad that I do not want them to leave. What's a good way to handle this?

Thanks,

Nat
Old 11-29-2006, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Ethics and bad players

At some point where you are involved in a pot, preferably a large, heads up one, and some of the other players start talking about their hole cards, fold. In reality you will be folding because you have no hand and no strong draw. At the table, however, you will loudly thank the talktative player for letting you know that he folded XX, because you needed one of those cards to win. Be genuine in your thanks and tone.

The problem should take care of itself after that, and you will not be the "bad guy" in the eyes of the fish.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At some point where you are involved in a pot, preferably a large, heads up one, and some of the other players start talking about their hole cards, fold. In reality you will be folding because you have no hand and no strong draw. At the table, however, you will loudly thank the talktative player for letting you know that he folded XX, because you needed one of those cards to win. Be genuine in your thanks and tone.

The problem should take care of itself after that, and you will not be the "bad guy" in the eyes of the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats awesome.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:40 PM

I see this happen from time to time as well, the guy next to you shows you his hand. Even though you are not in on this particular hand I think it is not right at all. Someone in on the hand may get a read off of someone else seeing somebodys cards. It happens in the home games I play in, but it is a lot more just for fun but it is still not quite right
Old 11-30-2006, 05:36 AM

At 3/6 live, even if other people think you are the "table police," they will not change their play. If you don't want to give off tells or something while you are against another player talking about his folded cards, you can wait until you are not involved in a hand which other players are discussing their cards. Then you whisper to the dealer "one player to a hand please." The dealer will tell them to stop talking about thier hands, you will not give anything away about your hand (since you folded), and the fishies' play wont change on the next hand.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:39 AM

I would either ask the dealer or the floor to correct the problem.

Peace,
Mygtar