Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Save the Farm - Compilation

I need to clear out my bookmarks and this is one good way. Alright this post is a long time in the making. I’m going to try and make an effort to comment on a few threads. (Forces me to read them again). Btw: If you haven’t read the Micro Limit Library, read that first. I said go...shoo...begone with you. For the rest of you, here goes:

1. Bankroll
2. Note Taking
3. Using Poker Tracker or Ace Pokerhud
4. Session Reviews
5. Preflop hand discussion
6. Table Selection
7. Win rates
8. Continuation Bets
9. Leaks
10. Stats
11. Wa/Wb
12. Blind Stealing
13. Tilt
14. Reads
15. SSHE Study
16. Poker Challenges
17. Panel Hands
18. Compilations
19. Poohpah Posts and Theory
20. The well
21. Humor

Bankroll
Bankroll Question that I don’t get evilgenius
Some decent discussions on bankroll comfort level. Also uDevil posts some pretty good links to further bankroll analysis.
Bankroll Calculations
One of those links is bankroll calculations. I linked for those of you looking for numbers, I’m more of a comfort level bankroll person.
Any other bankroll answers can be found in the library.

Note Taking
Notes on Notes BisonBison This is found in the FAQ for a reason. It has a good starting place for taking notes. I’ll be honest though, I haven’t found many good note taking posts that K.I.S.S. If any of you veterans could post some good links, I’d appreciate it, especially if it talks about using those notes effectively.

Using Poker Tracker or Ace Poker Hud
How to judge a player using PT
This is based off play styles from over 2 years ago. (Much softer games then today)
How To Use Poker Tracker Pokey This discusses using poker tracker for no limit players. That said, it is still an excellent guide to the program. I followed the guide step by step and it opened my eyes quite a bit.
How to review your poker tracker session lautzuao Read the responses on how to prepare for a review while playing.
Response to How to Evaluate your play MS Sunshine Yep its an oldie, but it defiantly is a great response on what you should be looking for in your overall stats. I personally think the numbers a slightly off from compared to games of today, but still worth the read.
Show us your HUD
Getting the Most out of HUDS Gregatron Both links have some discussion and pictures of what many players feel are important stats to look at while playing.
Running Bad? Krishan Takes a look at each type of hand (ie pair, two pair, trips etc.) to determine how your running.

Session Reviews
Session Review FAQ AussieBattler Title Says it all.
Self Review and Session Review Follow Along AussieBattler Aussie and Str8fish walk you through a typical session review. Good stuff for anyone just learning how. Aussie’s contribution to the forums with his session reviews is simply tremendous. If you haven’t done one, you’ll be surprised how much you get out of the review you perform, let alone the feedback you get.
Response to Mistakes/100 hands Nomadtla Like I said before, it’s the responses that make a great thread, not necessarily the OP.

Preflop Hand Discussion
Starting Hands MEbenhoe Starting hand Chart
Two Rags Starting Hands A couple links to two rags starting hands.
Preflop Hand Quiz MilesDyson Good Practice to see how you play preflop. Truth is, if you don’t ask yourself why you are calling, raising or folding, your wasting your time.
Low Limit Preflop Quiz Ed Miller Another good quiz.

Table Selection
On Table Selection Shadow Good info on selecting a table. There is also some good discussion mixed in. Shadow details table selection is more then just high vpip.
Question on table selection Smurph64 Smurph poses the question and gets a variety of responses. Good discussion generated.
Looking for more quality posts here.

Win Rates and Standard Deviation
Standard Deviation CallMeIshmael How to calculate your standard deviation. Its got pictures and everything.

C-Bets
Flop C-Bets Aaron W A hand post with some discussion on when to c-bet the flop.
Turn C-Bets Aaron W The follow up to flop c-bets, another very good post. It gives several examples and discussion of when to c-bet.
Guide to C-Bets DrModern A very detailed post of what you need to consider before making a continuation bet. I can’t say enough of how useful this post and the discussions are. This is a major leak for many, mastering it can improve your game dramatically.

Leaks
Plug Small Consistent Leaks AussieBattler Aussie details his progression as a player, the mistakes he made and how he fixed them. Many hidden tidbits for finding holes in your game. I think his path parallel’s many folks. Also let me also add that if you find yourself playing marginal hands in 3-6BB pots when you feel you are beat...stop doing it. One of the very useful quotes. I am sure there are more posts out there that detail good small leak info. Like Aussie said, plug the small consistent leaks and improve. Anyone with more links to plugging leaks please share.

Stats
Official Stats Thread Gregatron Some pretty interesting posts on stat theory. I haven’t read the all the replies. Some are good, some are bad. If you have a free bit of time, its worth a gander.
Rake at certain sites Not every site is applicable anymore, but this has some info on rake at the listed sites for that level. Not sure why I’m linking this, your probably better off looking up the info at www.bonuswhores.com. Again I need more links in this area.

WA/WB
Response to Wa/Wb Jaxup A very detailed response on exactly what wa/wb is. If your new read this, if your not, link it when others ask and save some time.
Wa/Wb situations Aaron W. Aaron responds with what is a wa/wb scenario and what isn’t. Shillx also responds with his play during those situations. These two posts should answer 99% of the questions you have on this situation including the key, recognizing when it occurs. That is most players mistake, they don’t when it applies and misplay there hands because of misapplication.

Blind Stealing
Blind Stealing Analysis Fabadam Fabadam details his blind stealing profit, which raises some great discussion on factors to consider when stealing. Bozlax makes nails home some good points in his matter of fact posts. Boz reminds me of the guy that slaps you upside the head because your being a tard. Good replies!
Blind Steals on 4th Street MrWookie This post actually held me up a bit from completing this compilation. As Wookie says, “Grab a beer, and prepare to get your brain in gear.”

Tilt
Tilt Control, Any tips? Smurph64 Smurph poses the question. Scroll down to 00Snitch’s comments, he puts the whole game in perspective

Reads
When a Read is not a Read Entity Explains why using poker tracker stats solely for reads can be bad for your game.

Study Session
SSHE Study session deacsoft What the title says. A bunch of players answer many questions from the book. This post is actually on my own to read list. It takes some time though. I like the concept though.

Poker Challenges
Pyramid Challenge Smurph64 Smurph proposes a long term way to move up and build your bankroll. Pretty decent concept for those looking for a more solid way to move up a limit.
Stepping Stones Challenge Guruman This is more of a theory base on the quickest way to advance as a player. Some decent discussion intertwined.

Panel Hands
Panel Hand 1
Panel Hand 2 Farmland Mob style! FujitheFish Try to not read the results. In both threads I have linked each street. Play the hand yourself. See your how the panel played them. The panel is not always right, but it is nice to see a hand from others perspective, street by street.

Compilations
Overcards LoyalGuard The king of compilations creates another to enjoy. To be honest though, I almost didn’t link these, they can be found in the micros library. I’m just going through my bookmarks though.
Compilation of Favorite Threads The Shadow A new poster makes a nice contribution to the forums.
Legendary Posts that taught you something Xhad

PoohPah Posts and General Theory
This slowed me up a bit. That and procrastination.
Why you aren’t crushing this game Ed Miller From the man himself, no comprehensive compilation is complete without it. Be wary though, this one screwed me up for a bit till I got a grasp on what he was saying.
HU Play Part 1 Str8fish Str8fish goes into detail about heads up play. MrWookie throws in his two cents. Sit down and read it, its worth the time.
Wake up and Play some Fk’n Poker Joe Tall A bit of a rant, but a great motivational speech for poker players looking to succeed long term.
What I’ve Learned Paxomatic Take this post as a slap in the face, because if you don’t feel the sting, then you didn’t read it. Many of the points he makes ring true, think about them.
Case for Just calling Xhad Makes the case for calling. What helps this post is the summary made by shillx.
SSHE advice marchron One of his first few posts, but he gets some advice from MrWookie and Ed Miller. SSHE is a great book, but can be disastrous if used improperly.
Clarkmeister Theroem Clarkmeister I think this is the original post that this idea generated from.
Win Rates Smurph64 Smurph has an excellent reply to general poker philosophy.

The Well
A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Wednesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer" .
The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on Wednesday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on Wednesday, it’s your day in the well.
Aaron W.
Joe Tall
Milesdyson
Kwaz
Bozlax
Entity
MrWookie

Humor
The day Poker died Loyalguard Parody to American pie.
Aussies Top 10 Aussiebattler Aussie’s 2+2 top ten list.

I like compilations and this forces me to read through some pretty decent posts. Many of these posts are in here not because of the OP, but because of the discussion generated.

Side note: Holy [censored] that took a long time to make. My hats off to you Loyalguard and the compilations you have made. There have been some good posts since I’ve started this, I didn’t add many. I just wanted to finish. Hope yall enjoy.

Farmland Mob Holla!

edit: Sorry bout that wookie, but your well had some funky smell coming from it.

Mod edit: Added a bunch of spaces so I could actually read the damn thing.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Save the Farm - Compilation

Ouch, burned. No love for my Well?

Edit: Or Entity's?
Old 11-29-2006, 05:21 PM

Very nice hand. Thank you.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:26 PM

Fixed. I hadn't sorted those threads for some reason.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:31 PM

We all had Wookie's day in the well memorized anyway.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't mine.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:25 PM

sweet. I got linked. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nice compliation - there are a few in there that warrant some digging into by me for sure.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

opps. Kwaz started it I guess. No biggie though, everyone contributed.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to clear out my bookmarks and this is one good way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why clear out your bookmarks dude, this is some classic stuff.
Its like the poker wiki follow up!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:58 PM

nice work bilge. Im shipping this to modern for inclusion in the digest.