Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 02:55 PM

Default NL50 KK on paired board

no reads

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($112.70)
BB ($73.60)
UTG ($30)
MP ($117.20)
CO ($43.95)
Hero ($45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls $4.50.

Flop: ($15.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $38</font>, CO calls $6.95 (All-In).

Turn: ($90.70) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($90.70) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $90.70

should i shove , or fold ?
I thought that it's very unlikely that villain has a 6 , so i decided to put it all-in.
If he doesn't have a 6 , there's just one hand that beats me .
Right decision , or what do you think?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:03 PM

Default Re: NL50 KK on paired board

check/near-min raise on this board looks like trouble. The raise/call preflop looks like QQ or a weirdly played AA. What hand plays like this that you're ahead of? A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? AQ maybe. I'd probably lean towards a fold here
Old 11-29-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/near-min raise on this board looks like trouble. The raise/call preflop looks like QQ or a weirdly played AA. What hand plays like this that you're ahead of? A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? AQ maybe. I'd probably lean towards a fold here

[/ QUOTE ]

For the love of God, stop being such nits ... it is a reraised pot, there is a huge amount of money in there. Sure the pot starts with with a raise to 2$ or similar and you see a flop and get minraised, you have a lot of money behind, but that is not the case here.

It is 6max and CO could open with a wide range. Any pocket pair, Any Ace, SCs and KQ or QJ suited or unsuited.

So hero reraises, it could be AA or KK, but AK is the hand that always is in peoples mind. Also if CO has been raising a lot, Hero could be on a resteal, it is not the biggest reraise ... Making it 3-4x(first raise) is more common.

So what is this ... this could be a monster ... but it could also be KQ or a pocket pair putting hero on AK or a resteal and wanting to steal it back.

The Hammer of Future Bets is not very big here ... especially after your first bet, so I say just felt it, and if he has AA, QQ or Quads here ... more power to him
Old 11-29-2006, 03:46 PM

If he has AA he's repopping you PF. Thus I feel a strong Q is most likely. If you get stacked to QQ, 6x, or even AA (well played villain lol) then that sucks, but [censored] happens. Against a cr is this flop bet standard? I would think so, but new to NL so....

but yea, clear all in after he makes it 30.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has AA he's repopping you PF. Thus I feel a strong Q is most likely. If you get stacked to QQ, 6x, or even AA (well played villain lol) then that sucks, but [censored] happens. Against a cr is this flop bet standard? I would think so, but new to NL so....

[/ QUOTE ]

AA doesn't always re-pop (I almost never re-pop here with AA). It flips over your hand. Once the pot is re-raised, you will make more money with AA by calling and disguising your hand a little than to let everyone know you have it by 4-betting it. It's not that hard to go to the felt with a rr pot, and the odds that they outdraw you on the flop are minimal, so you don't have to protect it or anything silly like that. I see a lot of villians that just call with AA here.

I still push here though. If he's ahead, it's because he either has AA or QQ, which are slightly discounted. I see him doing this with 2 high diamonds, AQ, maybe KQ and QJ depending on how loose he is.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a cr is this flop bet standard? I would think so, but new to NL so....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little confused here. Against a check, in position, this is a standard bet. You can't really tell if you're betting into a check-raise.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AA doesn't always re-pop (I almost never re-pop here with AA). It flips over your hand. Once the pot is re-raised, you will make more money with AA by calling and disguising your hand a little than to let everyone know you have it by 4-betting it. It's not that hard to go to the felt with a rr pot, and the odds that they outdraw you on the flop are minimal, so you don't have to protect it or anything silly like that. I see a lot of villians that just call with AA here.

I still push here though. If he's ahead, it's because he either has AA or QQ, which are slightly discounted. I see him doing this with 2 high diamonds, AQ, maybe KQ and QJ depending on how loose he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really feel that 4 betting is a mistake PF? I'm not saying you have to push, but I don't think we need to get all meta-gamey in this game.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:10 PM

I too would go all the way. I believe you are ahead more times than not.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:17 PM

wp.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wp.

[/ QUOTE ]

que?